Brotherhood of Makuta: Shornos V2

Okay, this is version 2 of Shornos.

V1 can be found here:

Here’s the story again.

I remember a city. The only city on an island. Thick stone walls, a trench beyond that, and all the while, rahkshi patrolling the top.

Poor Shornos. He never truly wanted to be ruler of an island. It just kind of happened.

When the brotherhood of Makuta first formed, Shornos rather liked the job. He quickly went out, and claimed an island for his rahi making and experiments. However, he wasn’t very good at making small, tame-ish rahi. He made large, ferocious rahi.

This did not appeal to the matoran of the island. In fact, they rather disliked the whole “Ten seconds and the villiage is gone.” Thing.

A few years later, there was only one city left, the city he ruled. The matoran fled to him for safety. He set his rahkshi of rahi control to guard, and they prevented anything from getting in.

Later, during the league of six kingdoms, Miserix assigned him to supply rahi to Carapar. Like the majority of the Makuta, he resented being forced to do this, so he sent only small, weak rahi. He. The matoran would have liked it if he did that from the start.

Not that it stopped him from experimenting. He loved to make new rahi. Bigger rahi. Rahi with more spikes. He loved to use his mask to make them more powerful.

Before Tyrant came and conquored the island, Shornos made a big mistake. He mutated a muaka in such a way that it could not be controlled by him or his rahkshi.

And it went on a rampage.

The more damage was done to it, the angrier it got. It tore through buildings, and even Shornos himself. Poor guy. Done in by his own handiwork.

The muaka found it’s way into the forest, and tore things apart.

Of course, Shornos had a plan in plase in case this happened. He had many Guurahk hidden in caves outside the city, and they went wild. Shornos had it planned perfectly so that when the large rahi were all gone, the Guurahk were almost all dead as well.

A few weeks later, Tyrant came to the island.

-Nevanter Destral archive.

Front:

I fixed the T-shaped torso, along with the random burnt orange. (The burnt orange pieces are still there, due to lack of parts, but they are now hidden in the torso.)

Side:

I adjusted the arms and upper legs, making those parts custom. (I know people suggested I change the lower legs too, but I liked the look of them.)

Back:

Here you can see that the backs of the upper legs are kind of a mess. Unfortunately, I ran out of metru green armor, so I had to make do with the hands.

Now for some character-building-ish pictures.

This is an interesting specimen. (Note: That is Melum, not a MOC.)

Much too small.

Getting better.

Just a picture with Shornos and some rahkshi.

Now you will be perfected. (Note: This MOC is in no way sponsored by the Kane Chronicles, Rick Riordan, or Disney.)

“Um, sir.”

“I’m busy!”

“Some of the rahi got through again.”

sigh “Fine.”

@Gilahu

Update

Adjusted upper legs and the torso armor.

Front:

Side:

Another Edit, more than two years later:

His mask is now the Kanohi Skelnar, mask of possibilities. It allows him to look into possible futures, and see possible consequences of actions. Looking farther into the future becomes exponentially more difficult due to the chaotic nature of all the branches of time that can be seen.

8 Likes

awesome build! is this guy canon?

1 Like

Thanks.

No, he’s not cannon. Unless you count head-cannon, in which case maybe.

I think the colorscheme is very creative. Pretty okay.

1 Like

Thanks.

I like it, though the shoulders are very wide.

1 Like

Hm… I wouldn’t exactly call the T-shape of the torso fixed, but that Satr Wars shin armor helps a lot to distract from it.
The back actually looks pretty good, as do the arms, but if you can you should try to make the legs a little bulkier. With that torso above them they seem a little thin.
And you should try to find something better for the front of the upper torso, too. Those liftarms don’t really look that well.

So … give him some better armoring in the chest and add the backstory to this topic, then I’ll accept him.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Sorry, I wanted to improve him more, but my parts bin declared he was done. (I’m actually rather lucky @TBT_Yuedom had those liftarms to trade, since they’re the only things we both had that fit the colorscheme.)

I’ll see if I can find anything else though.

Edit: @Gilahu story is now in the main post.

1 Like

Ah jeez…

the T-shaped torso has become a dorito, and the proportions are out of whack, with him being a knuckledragger, and the simple shin does not help.

1 Like

Update

So, I looked in my parts bin, and was able to finally come up with another thing for the upper torso armor. (Thank you Grievous for having so much tan.)

I didn’t want to get rid of the tan lift arms, and I was told that the legs needed bulked up, so I added them to the upper legs.

Front:

Side:

The back had almost no change, so I didn’t take a picture of it.

@Gilahu

The new torso armor looks strange at first glance, but once you get over that it’s not that bad. I somehow feel like a big shoulder armor would suit Shrnos’ right side, too, with that chestplate piece there now.
Adding the liftarms to the upper legs doesn’t look terribly good, but helps a lot in making the legs in general look better.

I’ll accept him now.

Thanks again for participating!

2 Likes

his torso still looks like a massive triangle.

I hate to be the burster of bubbles but the torso is still T shaped. It just has a V overlaying it now.

Torsos. If you look at real ones they don’t tend to be wider than they are long. Quite the opposite, of course. This guy…his proportions just ruin the entire thing for me. The legs are probably the strongest part of the MOC IMO. Also the updated chest armor just looks flat out bad in my opinion.

I will give credit that I like the idea of using the mask on an evil character. It’s quite evil looking to be a Toa’s mask…

2 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t sure about it at first. I didn’t like the asymmetry.

Also, in person the bigger armor looks pretty terrible when symmetrical.

The main purpose I put them there was to bulk up the upper legs a bit. Not the best solution, but it was the best I could come up with, with my pieces.

Yeah, changing that would require a complete overhaul of the torso, and I don’t have the skill or pieces to do that well.