Bythalis, The Storm Ninja (5.0)

Greetings lovely people again! You have seen my self MOC in Matoran form, if you have checked that post already. Let’s get started, introducing my self MOC again, Bythalis, The Storm Ninja!

Bythalis’ first weapon, Quake Hammer. Later in his journey he replaces Quake Hammer to ninja tools.

Bythalis’ main gear

The Mythical Lightning, Bythalis’ alternative name.

Bythalis with his Bionic Arm.

More pics: Bythalis, The Storm Ninja | Flickr

Bio: Bythalis, The Storm Ninja by MrBoltTron on DeviantArt

A small history about Bythalis. In two years, I have created my self MOC in January 2015, same time when I built his Matoran form. Back then Bythalis was first known as Boltrax, which was his alternative name. A lot of you perhaps remember best about my self MOC that he had a “Four-Armed-Spinable-Machine” on back. However, over time I got a bit annoyed and start feeling that it didn’t worked for his profile. He had that feature til (2.0) version, and then there was (2.5) version which was a pre-update for (3.0) version. Plus, my self MOC wasn’t Boltrax anymore after (2.5), I got used to Bythalis name eventually.
At his third version ( https://twitter.com/bolt_tron/status/670869691422932992 ) I completely decided to leave back machine feature completely, but new ideas came, such as his bionic arm first introduced like last year at Autumn (Obviously that time it was influenced from MGSV Phantom Pain Venom snake character). The fourth version of Bythalis was updated at March ( MrBoltTron on Instagram ), however I count it as an unofficial update, which was just a very small accessory add on for Bythalis, which was inspired from MK Scorpion character.
That was about a long brief history (Ironic). So, on to (5.0) which might be my last version for my self MOC, at least I hope, or not, depends what I can improve on Bythalis (Perhaps double jointed elbow is on my list).
So, this new version of my self MOC is heavily redesigned to have more realistic anatomy appearence, unlike tank and squat looking Bythalis. He is mainly heavily influenced from MGS franchise Raiden character. I’m pretty sure that some of you may also give nickname for my self MOC like “Bionicle Genji” or something like that, due to his mask’s eye hole design.
About Bythalis (5.0), the main goal was to give him flexible poses. This some how executed well, but there are things that was impossible. Like I mentioned earlier, he doesn’t have double jointed elbows. Other poseability points I tried on my self MOC were butterfly joints, abdomen joint and waist joint. None of them worked well, because how I built my self MOC. However, I am still pleased how Bythalis looks currently.
Bythalis includes also some extra accessories, firstly his Quake Hammer. It is his first Tool/Weapon which he used it on “The Agony War” in his home city, in Spherus Magna, after Teridax’s death (Note that I’m still working on Toa Bythalis’ biography). The cape and hat and his Bionic Arm are yet in progress for my story.
Overall, let’s say that Bythalis hops on the first place of my favourites. Before was Meratan, but I’m more pleased my self MOC’s look and execution. Feel free to comment and give critique, they’re always appreciated for future projects! This has been MrBT, and I’ll see ya next time!

93 Likes

Your mocs just keep getting better and better.

2 Likes

I have no words. This is really impressive.

2 Likes

Good build, great design, this MOC looks amazing.

1 Like

This is everything a complex humanoid moc should be. Well designed.

1 Like

Gorgeous.

1 Like

I feel the feet are a bit too small for the MoC but other than that 10/10

1 Like

The knees protrude a little awkwardly from the side, but the more slimed down look works well. I also love the cloak and hat he wears in that one photo, reminds me of the scene in MGR:R when Raiden is in the sewers.

1 Like

I feel as though that the torso is ever so slightly too short compared to the rest of the body, but the MOC is amazing overall. I really like the Quake Hammmer as well.

1 Like

Hips look a bit wide for me but the posing on this Moc is really good.

1 Like

I like everything but the legs, they seem quite awkward to me.

1 Like

metal gear rising flashbacks

1 Like

well made, does remind me of ninjas and those of the electric kind… yeah…

1 Like

I like the aesthetics and the textures but the proportions seem a bit off. The arms and the torso seem to short and the hips are a bit too wide. I don’t know if it’s intentional, but it seems unfitting for a ninja.

1 Like

So the knee light thingies can move? Why? Your best MOC so far dude! I love him!

1 Like

I agree that his torso is slightly short looking. About Bythalis’ wide hips, maybe he doesn’t have like inner thighs going on, which I’m going to add it to my list. Care to explain why his arms seems to be short? Just curious about it.

1 Like

Idk, do I have to? I think it’s just the torso making them look so short.

1 Like

Alrighty, thanks for the information!:+1:

1 Like

I hope it was usefull! /s

1 Like

While I give you all the points I can and more for aesthetics, there’s one thing that this moc and alot of other mocs (seem to, as it can be proven otherwise,) lack that I absolutely can’t live without: playability.

With all the studs and extras and to some extent the build, these mocs look like they’d start falling apart once you try and move them around any more than you would to pose them.

Other than that, a Bill Cosby out of ten for you, my friend.

1 Like