Calamari V4

Here’s the second of my self MOCs to celebrate my year on the boards: my most recent update/revamp of my current self MOC Calamari, of which the original is one year old today.

For this version I went back to the original colour scheme of black, yellow and silver however adding more silver to go with the mask, a flaw with the previous versions. I revised and changed the torso design, making it more stable. The arms I kept very simple as to work with the ‘transformation’ feature, but I may change the legs in the future to be more complex as they are currently just made of CCBS only. I may also add a custom head.

This MOC I had as a side project for a while while I was finishing another creation, but started working on it full time after I had finished construction of the other project.

Front

Side

Back

And now for the ‘transformation’ feature I mentioned, turning him into Squid Mode

Front

Side

Back

Action pose

Also, while messing around with the MOC, I discovered it could turn into this…

(Apologies for the poor light quality, one of the lights I use to light my photos broke, so I’m having to make do with just one)

Please tell me what you think!

30 Likes

Looks pretty fishy, I’m not sure what to think.

1 Like

Does it suck like squid? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“He’s a kid now, He’s a squid now”
Amazing moc

1 Like

Hmmm lovely dish

Oh wait… Fun moc ^^

1 Like

He looks really unique and interesting, and I like the use of pieces on the hip-armor.
My only complaint is that the yellow sticks out too much and doesn’t really fit the normal form. It works much better after transforming though.

1 Like

The structure is pretty well executed tbh, the back does look abit awkward when folded foward; but it’s all black so not too noticable. :fried_shrimp:

1 Like

@Charassy Yeah, I may add more yellow in future updates to this design to balance this.
@Square I agree on this completely, and I will maybe fix this in the future.

1 Like

Cool! I like how the yellow looks on him and the uniqueness of the tentacles.