Canon Character Blurbs and Pitches [Worldbuilding][Story][Character][Canon]

I came to the realization that the story bible is being updated at the speed of of a snail. Considering I do not have the privilege to edit the document I decided to make a threat to collect all the character blurbs that have been confirmed cannon.

Here is a link to what seems to be the most up to date map of the island.
Here is a link to the Cannon Story Thread.
If you are interested in the places, Rahi and plants of Artahka head to the Ecosystem of Artahka
Here is a link to @Bokarda 's megathread for future things. It might be a little outdated but you can find old posts here easily.

Got Questions that do not fit in any of those threads? Go to the General Questions thread.

The following is a list of Characters and their blurbs (if they have any):

Anything with a link is something I found outside the Story Bible.

The Great Beings

This is most I could find on the Three:
ToaNoah_Wafflemeister (Pitch)
DarkMaestro (Pitch)
DarkMaestro (Older Pitch)
odnanref101993 (Pitch)
Bokarda (Pitch)

Makuta
Makuta/Brotherhood/Reproduction (Pitch)
Makuta’s role in story (Pitch)
Complicated (Pitch)

Ekimu

Karzahni
The insanity (Pitch)

Annona?
Elemental Lord (Pitch)
Dream Eater (Pitch)

Other
The Endless Masks

The Toa

All (Hero’s Journey/ Pitch)

by @ZceeNook

Tahu
Tahu is the charismatic leader of the Toa. Filled with determination and bravery, he’s always willing to put up a fight if it means saving his homeland or his people. But while he has the heroism and bravado of a hero, he still has much to learn when it comes to using your head. His unfortunate habit to take on challenges ill prepared is rivaled only by his quickness to anger. While his heart is always in the right place, he carries a great burden on his shoulders to succeed and keep his team safe. It’s this burden can often cause him to make rash decisions in the heat of the moment. Tahu constantly struggles with self doubt and this internal struggle is only intensified whenever Kopaka is nearby. In spite of this, he is determined to learn from his past mistakes and make up for the damage he caused as a matoran.

As Narmoto he was not one to sit idly by while others did the fighting for him. For years, Narmoto led the other generals and the battalions deep into The Core to fight off hives of Firespitters and push them further into the volcanic depths where they could no longer be a threat to his people. The Mangaians viewed Narmoto as an inspiration and many believed his promotion to Turaga was inevitable. For this reason it was a shock to many when Narmoto was passed up for the position in favor of his partner and rival Jaller, whom the council viewed as calmer and better suited for the role.

Where Jaller was content with the current fortifications of Mangai, Narmoto believed that waiting idly by while the Firespitters regained their strength was suicide. He firmly believed that the Mangaian people should gather resources and troops for a full assault at the heart of their nest. Uncertain about the outcome and unwilling to risk the lives of their troops, the Council voted against Narmoto’s plan in favor of focusing on defense. Feeling slighted by the Council’s decision, Narmoto took matters into his own hands and, unbeknownst to the council, led a band of Takotan fighters into the heart of the Great Volcano. Despite heavy losses, the battalion successfully drove the Firespitters out of the volcano, but at an unforeseen cost. With nowhere else to go, the Firespitters were driven into the Region of Ice and penetrated the outer wall to the kingdom of Ihu.

Ill prepared to face off against such a foreign creature the region suffered the loss of hundreds of innocent lives, including that of very popular King Matoro. Centuries worth of feuding and resentment had left tensions between Mangai and Ihu high, and with this final blunder war seemed all but inevitable. Furious with his disregard to follow orders and the devastation he caused not only for the people of Ihu but for the future of Mangai itself, Narmoto was stripped of his title and ostracized by his people. His long history of achievements and accomplishments were forgotten, and he was forced to walk among his fellow fire matoran in shame as his home prepared for war.

Gali
Gali is the smart and cunning Toa of Water. Known for her extreme combat prowess, Gali has spent her entire life learning how to fight without the use of elemental abilities. Among the rest of the Toa, she is the best at hand to hand combat and can easily outclass most of them on a one on one battle. To coincide with her skills, Gali can at times be rather cocky and is extremely competitive, but unlike her fellow Toa, Pohatu, she has a tendency to internalize this colorful side of her. In most cases, Gali is very reserved and quiet, opting to avoid most confrontations and allow the others to settle their petty disputes. Because of this, the rest of the Toa often find themselves shocked at Gali’s outburst upon winning a challenge. Gali’s sense of humour is very different from the rest of the Toa, and she is known to very bad at telling jokes.

As Kivoda, she felt extremely out of place in her home region. Lacking the ability to control water, Kivoda grew up extremely unhappy with herself and kept her quirk a secret from her peers. With Naho being a deeply religious society, the Water Matoran took great pride in their connection with Akida and the powers that came with it, and for people like Kivoda, having no elemental power meant something was wrong with you. For fear of becoming a social pariah Kivoda was given a new title by the High Priestess Nokama when she was born. As an “Eremite”, Kivoda would choose to refrain abusing her Akida’s gift by learning to live without them. This title would act as an explanation as to why Kivoda did not use powers to the public.

Kivoda dreamed of one day becoming an Arbiter like her friend Macku, and was determined to do so in spite of her disability. So every day she trained in hand-to-hand combat and honed her skills until she was eventually selected by Helryx to join the organization. While she did receive some pushback from some of the Arbiters, these would quickly dissipate as Kivoda proved her worth on the field by single handedly killing the great Tarakava Nui and saving Naho from its attacks. Time and time again, Kivoda would prove herself as one of the most capable members of the Arbiters, but it wasn’t long before The Event would put her duties as an arbiter on hold.

Kopaka
Kopaka is the calm and calculated Toa of Ice. Extremely rigid and not very approachable, Kopaka is known as the lone wolf among the rest of the team for disappearing during down times and facing danger alone. But this isn’t to say that Kopaka is reckless, quite the opposite in fact. Kopaka is exceptionally skilled at analyzing potential combat scenarios and running the outcomes through his head well in advance. He views the rest of the Toa as an unnecessary burden that would simply prolong most encounters, so he opts to tackle them alone. While useful in combat, Kopaka has a habit of bringing his unique observational skills into his conversations with others. He can be honest, to the point of seemingly exceptionally rude, and dialogues tend to feel more like probing interviews rather than meaningful exchanges. Most of the Toa find it exceedingly difficult to relate with Kopaka, Tahu amongst them, but some find his social quirks to be quite endearing, like Pohatu and Onua.

But when Kopaka is not busy fighting the battles of a Toa he’s likely thinking of his kingdom and the struggles they will face in the near future. For Kopaka holds a deep secret from the rest of his companions: He is actually the King of Ihu, King Izotor. As Izotor Kopaka rarely left his home in the great palace. His father, Matoro, was naturally gifted at leading and exceptionally skilled at conversing with his people to rally his kingdom behind him. He was charming, outgoing, and confident- all characteristics that the young Izotor lacked. It didn’t help that he held no elemental affinity like the rest of people.

And yet, the kingdom seemed to love him. He could hear the people of Ihu shout their praises for King Matoro and Prince Izotor, but he knew he did not deserve it. There was simply nothing special about him, and the daunting realization that he would one day be forced to inherit the throne from his perfect father only made matters worse. In many ways he resented King Matoro, he did not wish to live in the shadow of someone else’s legacy, he wanted to make his own impression on the world. Izotor never wanted to be king. But when his father died, what Izotor wanted was revenge.

Lewa
Lewa is the cheerful and carefree Toa of Wind who loves cracking jokes almost as much as she loves soaring through the sky. For Lewa, life is just one big adventure waiting to be explored, and she is happy to oblige. Lewa is determined to never take things too seriously, even in the most dangerous of times she can be seen jostling her foes with her many quips or showing off her impressive wind abilities. When times are tough, you can always count on Lewa to brighten the mood with her quick wit and sharp tongue. This knack for attention can quickly get on nerves of her Toa companions however, who often find that Lewa is taking her responsibilities seriously enough. In many instances they’re right! Unfortunately Lewa tends to put important issues and personal problems on the wayside, opting to instead focus on the positive rather than the negative. Often times this can come off as laziness, as the youthful Toa of Wind shirks her duties in favor of goofing around. But she also has a habit of bottling up the things that upset her, making it difficult for Lewa to have heartfelt conversations with her peers or open up about the things that are truly upsetting her. As the youngest of the Toa, Lewa feels the need to prove her worth to the rest of her team, and this can often lead her straight into the line of fire for some very dangerous encounters.

As Vizuna she grew up in the region of Kanae largely alone and homeless. Orphaned at birth with no knowledge of her parents, Vizuna survived off of petty theft, using her acrobatic prowess and quick thinking to her advantage. Though her lack of elemental abilities never bothered her when she was very young, as she began to age the differences between her and the other Matoran of Wind began to become extremely apparent. But she never dwelled too long on this unique trait of hers, and upon meeting the charming Iruini, another orphaned youth, she quickly forgot about these insecurities. The two became inseparable, working together to survive and thrive in the impoverished Kanae. It was only after Iruini met the Mangaian Norki and began interacting with the mysterious Brotherhood that their strong friendship began to falter. With offerings of food, safety, gold, and best of all: a family, Iruini quickly became enthralled with the Brotherhood and their teachings.

Convincing Vizuna to join him, the two were recruited into the organization and began performing jobs for them throughout their region. At first, these tasks were harmless deliveries and manual labor, but as the intensity of their assignments grew so too did Vizuna’s doubts. Where Iruini became more and more infatuated with his Brotherhood, Vizuna grew more distant. And when the two were finally tasked with a mission that Vizuna could simply not do the two broke apart their relationship. Betrayed and anguished, Iruini lashed out as his childhood friend, and pushed her over the edge of Kanae where the fell and disappeared into the clouds.

Miraculously, Vizuna would survive the fall with the help of a hermit named Bingzak, who lived below the region on the outskirts of Tiro. Bingzak would soon become her mentor, teaching her how to live and fight without the use of elemental powers, as he had done for another matoran many years ago.

Pohatu
The only one

Onua
Story (Pitch/Story)
Pitch (Pitch)

Voriki
Abrogation (Serial Story)
Study (Pitch)

The Rahkshi

All (Let me know if this should be deleted)
Interpretation (pitch)

Turahk
The wise Norik lived a life of decadence, for his status as Warlord of Tametru granted him unwavering support and trust from his dour subjects. Norik rose to power through an uncharacteristic stern graciousness, unwavering moral compass, and a mind for strategy. To his people, he seemed to be a different kind of breed, for he spoke cautiously and observed carefully. This soft-spoken nature lead his inferiors to perceive a false sense of weakness.
In Mangaian culture, though, where the mighty rule, Norik’s quick wit and extensive knowledge were not enough. Norik was truly most valued for his strategic mind- a mind that not only commanded victory after victory against the fire-spitter hoards, but against the few that opposed him.
But Norik was not without flaw. His extended absences from society, his isolated home atop an eerie spire, his distant and reclusive personality- pointed to something more sinister. The Mangaians under his command had begun to notice an even greater level of solitude from their leader- all his free time being spent in the archives or in the old ruins. But unbeknownst to them there was a reason for this: Norik feared. He feared a great many things: He feared expulsion from his kingdom; he feared moral inaccuracy; he feared embarrassment; he feared intimacy, and most of all, he feared his potential legacy.

Residing in the spire, he was provided with life’s necessities, in addition to an expansive library full of works by countless Artakhan Philosophers, military tacticians, politicians, and historians. But deep in ruins of the Old Gods Norik hosted the meeting place of the Brotherhood of Makuta. Norik’s aloof nature and unwillingness to engage in idle talk leads the others to believe he held some greater knowledge or wisdom. His sharp few words put the Brotherhood members in their place early on, and their anxiety and respect kept them in line. Norik’s wealth and astute public image aided in the gatherings to remain secret.
As Turahk, Noriks fear transcended beyond a petty personal quirk and grew to form the basis of his Rahkshi powers. With the help of Makuta, Norik can now instill fear in others, and with his new grotesque form he can make their worst fears become a reality.

Guurahk
Pitch (Pitch)
Name (Pitch)

Kurahk
The throne thief (pitch/ semi-cannon)
Expansion (pitch)

Lerahk
How he fights (not-pitch)

If I remember correctly it was during the podcasts that he became and ex-(lover/friend) of Lewa.

Panrahk
Original Post (Semi-Cannon basically cannon)

Vorahk
First Found (pitch)
As Bomonga
Failed Rite

The Extras

Matoran Ideas

Good Guy
Original Post (Cannon)
At least from what I remember.

Self MOCs

List I found that seems to be the most complete.

If you have any idea where the rest of the character blurbs are post a link on the cannon ones.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Thank you.

Yeah it’s not great considering all the pitches that have been made, the maps, Annona, Vakama, the full pantheon, the civil dang war and just how the story will actually work.

If you want Od, I’ll write up some of the story because the story content in the bible is unfinished and a little messy. I’ll at least work on the civil war but I still need map confirmation.

1 Like

Still miffed they used my (Nearly) verbatim Turahk pitch and ignored my Guurahk pitch :rage:

1 Like

Yeah, I have been looking and most of the things I found were pitches but none of them became actual cannon blurbs. So I was thinking on changing this so we can also collect all the pitches on the characters.

Go ahead, I will work this as a megathread (I think that is what they are called. Make a pitch and I will link it from here.

1 Like

In fairness, the Guurahk one has been in flux because they had a hard one deciding on Gakki’s powers. Plus all the recent shake-ups. We just need to be patient for a wee while.

3 Likes

Excellent, I have a fair bit of prequel stuff and overarching stuff I’ve been working on with @A2B2C2 about the history of Arthaka such as TLOV and the Renegade masks, this era is called the Unity Era - the time when the Island decided to make peace and rise above barbarous warring and raiding among regions and within the regions.

Thanks for this, I have yet to look through, but that Great Beings pitch is super outdated and I would probably close that by now if I could…

Should i make another thread for Story and Location? or just modify this one for everything in the story bible?

Keep as is I reckon. Oomatu made a map thread a ways back that can really serve as a hub for the locations. As for overall story, the scripts plot that out really well thus far, while the characters can probably use their own subthreads (say, the Toa, the Rahkshi, the Brotherhood).

The idea is that after Makuta, the spirit of Duty, and Ekimu, the spirit of Unity have both been sealed away, the tribes are left “separate, and without purpose” and this manifests in the form of infighting. Mangai would’ve been one of the last regions to try and implement a coherent form of government, as the nature of Fire is that it consumes, and is an element of power. Of course, as Vakama and Lhikan would prove, this drive could manifest in a more constructive way

1 Like

Do not forget links would really help me find the pitches and posts. I am currently searching using [Story] and there is a mass of things.

Edited Title for correct spelling ~ ReeseEH

I made a [post] (The Steps of Tiro & Vorahk's Origin [Pitch] (Worldbuilding)) adding to Vorahk’s origin so it could probably be added to this list.

Thanks.

Sorry, everyone for not updating these as often. I haven caught on real life so could not come here often. Might come back later though.

Will try to update some of the posts when I have time, and if it is needed

Added the Self MOCs thread.