Canon Contest | The First entry: Toa Helryx

Here’s my entry for the Helryx contest!

I registered specifically to post for this contest, so I can’t put more than one image here. All the other images (as well as a full set of instructions) can be found in this Google Drive folder.

I tried to make her body thin and light while still keeping the general feel of a Toa- I didn’t want her to look weak, just thin. I didn’t have access to any kind of 3D printed mask, so I added some extra stuff to the top of Vhisola’s Komau. As for her armor looking unfamiliar, I tried to stray away from Inika or Mata/Nuva style armor, although I didn’t have many options for the shoulder armor. Her mace and shield are fairly custom- the shield is a totally original build and the mace is based on a questionable technique involving a 3L bar and two screwdriver pieces shoved into Nuju’s icicle spikes.

While I’m talking about the mace, please forgive the sharpied chainsaw piece on the pommel. Somehow I failed to notice it during all of my picture-taking, and given how close to the deadline I’m posting this, I don’t think I have enough time to swap the part out (or clean it) and re-take everything. It’s supposed to be dark grey. Hopefully it won’t be an issue, but if it is, please let me know before the deadline and I’ll take a few new pictures after I swap the part out.

12 Likes