Captain Lizarthos - Character Design

Alright, so I had this idea for a space pirate captain today, and so I did up these two sketches. I’m think of working with this design, editing it and all that, and doing a final version. I’ll use this topic to post any updates, and I’ll post the final design in it’s own topic. Any and all suggestions are welcome, but may not make it into the final design

20 Likes

Angry lizard man, with the angry lizard hand, and an evil lizard plan.

Amazing work, as always. I’m excited to see where this goes.

3 Likes

I SHOULD NOT HAVE LAUGHED AT THAT AS HARD AS I DID

1 Like

Is he supposed to be the same race as the Star Seeker Navigator?

Actually, for once this isn’t a transformers thing. This is completely original

Regardless, he has a pretty cool design. I definitely like the head frills.

1 Like

Thanks! I was kinda inspired by Rasticore from Star Vs The Forces of Evil

Awesome work!
His head is really well done.

1 Like

I like the concept, but I think it wouldn’t hurt to do a lot more iterations.

As it is now, it’s basically the first thing that comes to mind when you say “Lizard Pirate.” Not to say that it’s bad, but it’s not as striking or interesting as it could be.

The frills are an interesting touch, and I think you should totally lean more into the space pirate bit of it. Whatever you choose, make sure you make him unique and let his story show through in his design!

Keep it up!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be certain to lean into the space pirate part. This is kinda my first time doing real concept art, so I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

I like the fins, I can see them being used to accentuate facial expressions.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing some sketches of his head, you’re right. They definitely help

1 Like

UPDATE:

Been doing some more sketches, primarily of his head, since that’s one part of the design I’m certain will be consistent (though, I’ve given him crests above his eyes). Planning on starting some proper variation soon.

6 Likes

He’s had an angry lizard day, so he’s on his angry lizard way, to get his angry lizard pay.

3 Likes

How? How do you keep making these?

2 Likes

Well, the eye patch looks cool, and that peg leg is great. Though, it seems like he could just give himself a bionic eye, but I doubt that would look as cool.

1 Like

Actually, the patch was always in the design. It was in the second drawing. Though, something I was thinking was him having a bionic eye under his eye patch that was more of a weapon (it could shoot lasers)

2 Likes

Lol, I thought that as well, but thought you might find it too wacky, but I really like the idea

1 Like