Cataclysm

Mark abruptly dropped Skullbreaker to the ground with a thud, just as Bruce’s arc reactor faded. He looked all around at the causalities. So many of his friends, so many people close to him had died fighting in this war; Kaleo, Adam, and now Bruce…

His heart aching with loss, Mark kneeled down before Bruce, paying his solem respects to his old friend. Sadie and Elias and Richard followed suit.
Archangel Raphael removed his helmet, kneeling down beside Mark as well. So did The High Archangels and even Seraph Michael.
@BlackBeltGamer98
@meepinater
@Flux
@TBT_Emerald
@Toa_Radrix
@Runa
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Kirathel

1 Like

Spider-Man didn’t want to let go of Bruce’s hand as he took it, bowing his head down, kneeling as well for his mentor and other father-figure which he so much looked up to, as he continued to cry sobbingly while being besides Katrina.

White Hood noticed that Mark, Sadie and Elias bowed down before Bruce and so he decided to pay respect to his former enemy, because he was one of the best. He bowed down on his right knee and looked down, not even Jack himself was able to hide his tears away.

Nexus followed short after as he removed his helmet and placed it on the ground, as he kneeled besides Jack towards Bruce on his right leg, bowing his head down out of respect.

Magnus being at a lost of words, he succeeded in saving the Multiverse but failed in saving the one that was meant to save them all. He walked slowly before kneeling down on his right knee, resting his forearm on his knee before slightly bowing his head, his tears tainted his visor as more came down, there was brief silence so that everyone could pay their respect to him, even if they didn’t know him, he was the one that sacrificed himself so that anyone could live.

1 Like

Kyran and Rohan bowed their heads.
Rohan whispered to Kyran, “Can’t we bring him back?”
“Not this time, my friend. Not this time.” The wizened wizard softly lamented.

2 Likes

As Dr. X joined the solemn silence, he was also listening to the Energies.

2 Likes

Luxatium approaches Bruce and bows his head. “Farewell.” He says solemnly.

2 Likes

@BlackBeltGamer98
@meepinater
@Flux
@TBT_Emerald
@Toa_Radrix
@Runa
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Kirathel

Suddenly, in the sky a gaping vortex appeared, tearing a rift in Time and Space.
It appeared like a Black Hole, a black pit that drew all matter and energy.
Before everyone knew it, they were all sucked into the portal and they were yet again in a place somewhere new. The transition was nearly seamless, almost as if it was the landscape that had been moved and not the beings residing there.

Everyone was now on an expansive plane of existence, infinitely stretching in all directions towards the stars around them.

Overhead, a being suddenly materialized.
He was very large, twice the size of most of the beings who currently bore witness to him, with a perfect muscular build and a perfectly symmetrical face. His glowing body pulsated with all five of the Mutliversal Energies, which seemed to constitute his very being: Primortia Energy, Ignotium Energy, The Crimson, Xalnergy and Pure Nothingness.

Greetings.” the entity spoke, his voice gentle but powerful and affirmative at the same time as he hovered above the warriors.

1 Like

“Greetings” Luxatium replies, rather confused.

1 Like

As the Majestic League was paying respect to Bruce’s death, now everyone found themselves in another different plane of existence.

“What the hell…?” Jack muttered as he turned around, noticing that stars surrounded them wherever he looked.

Spider-Man was also confused as he glanced everywhere and his spider-senses didn’t make him feel so good about this. “Connor…I don’t like this feeling…” Impulse spoke. “Yeah me neither…” He said, feeling a bit dizzy as his senses were sensing something that was completely out of major…

Nexus walked among Magnus. “Where are we, Magnus…?” He asked him, seemingly a bit worried.

Magnus was holding Chaosbreaker and Soulbreaker very tight on the handles as he was sensing something powerful the presence…of a…“God…” He muttered as he looked towards the muscular figure. “Mark, we need to get out of here, now.” (@Mctoran)

White Hood placed his helmet back on as he walked towards them and looked up at that figure. “Alright, um…we were in the middle of someone’s death and you like a disrespectful jerk took us away from mourning over…a fool that I was supposed to fight with once all of this saving the Multiverse crap was done…” White Hood said.

“So, please tell me…” White Hood said. “Who the hell are you?” He asked, having not even the slightest idea of who this being was.

1 Like

Dr. X bowed, taking a knee as he did. He remained silent, not wanting to offend this entity by speaking without permission.

1 Like

IC: Axiom collapses to his knees, only just managing to avoid faceplanting into the ground. He can barely see, barely feel anything beyond his immediate surroundings.

But he can feel the death of the thing, the awful thing that once stood before them. With its death a measure of tentative, mild peace is present over the little group…

…but even without knowing them, Axiom can feel a sense of loss. He looks up, only just able to make out the small cluster of figures around the one fallen figure.

He breathes heavily, managing to rise to a knee as he looked over toward them.

2 Likes

Mark echoed White Hood’s reaction.
“Yeah, who are you?” He asked the mysterious entity.
I am known by many names, in many cultures…” he answered.
They call me Nyx, Atum, Purusha, Jehovah, Allah, God…but I have only one True name: I am, The Architect.

The being glided forward, nearing closer to the group.
This is not my true form. I have taken on an appearance that is comprehensible to your lower-dimensional minds and eyes.

“Why have you brought us here, Architect?” Raphael asked.
Over the entire course of this Multiverse’s existence, I have lay dormant as my essence was drawn back together from all corners of existence. And now, I have finally reformed.

The architect suddenly began to take on another demeanor.
…Unfortunately, upon my return I have noticed a slight…problem.” he said to the group.

@BlackBeltGamer98
@meepinater
@Flux
@TBT_Emerald
@Toa_Radrix
@Runa
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Kirathel
@MichaelBT-7474

2 Likes

“What kind of problem…?” Magnus asked the Architect, upon having his conspiracies true he did not feel afraid.

“Kreel?” Dr. X asked

Unfortunately, there is far too much chaos and clashing ravaging The Multiverse. An imbalance has upset the Higher Divine Order of things. It has become too unstable. If I let it keep existing in this state, everything will collapse into a horrible cesspool of destruction.

“So how can it be fixed?” Asked Mark.

I shall destroy The Multiverse. I will wipe everything from existence, and start anew on the clean slate.” he stated, matter-of-factly.

Magnus looked at Mark and then right back at the Architect. “And if we refuse…?” He asked.

“What if, instead, O Architect, we be given your power to destroy that which had caused this chaos, Kreel?” Dr. X asked, “The inhabitants of the Multiverse are your children; don’t you want to help them to grow? To stop their progress like this, a hard reset, would only lead to this happening again.”

“If you guide your children, we may learn how to exist in harmony and become better because of it rather than to be wiped clean like a lab environment after a failed experiment and moved on.” Dr. X continued, “It feels heartless to do so.”

1 Like

@BlackBeltGamer98

And therein lies the problem.” said The Architect, jabbing his finger in the air at Dr. X.
Destruction. War. Death. It has taken too great of a toll on The Multiverse. Like a malfunctioning machine, it must be reset back to its factory settings to fix it. You of all beings should be sympathetic to my intentions, Infinite.

If the Architect had a sense of humor, he would have laughed right in Dr. X’s face. But he didn’t, instead wearing a stonewall expression.
Organic life cannot simply ‘coexist’ peacefully. There is too much discourse, too much…noise. Even The Five cannot get along, as has been demonstrated by recent events. If any of you find this disconcerting, then you have nothing else to blame except for your own selves.

But yet that is the truth of the matter, is it not?

That does not matter. Either way, you ultimately do not have any say in this affair.
@MichaelBT-7474

Akem watches the Architect,
“And if we stop you? Hypothetically of course, it’s not possible to do so.”

1 Like

“Yes, we are flawed, ugly, spiteful creatures.” Dr. X said, standing tall, “But it is our imperfections that help us to learn.”

“When we fall, we have a chance to learn and thus grow.” He told the Architect, “The Energies showed me they are willing to try harmony again and I beseech you to give us the chance to also try for harmony.”

He takes a deep breath, “I fear that if you do commit a hard reset on the Multiverse, these same events, though probably not in the exact same way, will happen again.”

“Destiny isn’t set in stone, it’s always changing. Our decisions determine our destiny and if enough people decide to try to live harmoniously, the idea will spread and reach every heart and may shape people’s destinies to be one where life in the Multiverse, while still having contention and strife because of our imperfections, will be harmonious as a whole; it may become balanced.”

“Balance requires opposition in all things: good and evil, joy and sorrow, order and chaos, light and dark, war and peace and so much more.” Dr. X continued, “If you reset everything, you will hurt that balance most of all and the Multiverse will never learn to strive for balance and be condemned to eternal war and chaos.”

1 Like

Either way, The Multiverse is destined, perhaps one could say even ‘doomed’, to fall. It is all a matter of resistance. If you go willingly, it will be much easier to erase the Multiverse. Even if I were, in a one out of infinity percent chance, ‘stopped’ as you put it, the inhabitants of The Multiverse will inevitably be the Multiverse’s own demise.

The Architect paused at this.
…Even for a Multiversal entity, you still cannot comprehend what I truly am? I am the energies. And it was you who had helped me to reform my essence. This had been my plan all along, from the very beginning.

Unfortunately, I do not believe you will be alive to learn the answer.” the Archirect stated.

I shall give you all what mortals call an ‘Ultimatum’. Let me erase The Multiverse willingly, and it will ge a much less painful process for you all. If you resist…
The Architect’s expression became grim.
…Then I shall be forced to kill you all, and erase The Multiverse anyways.

The Architect hovered higher into the air.
“Make your decision.” He declared.
@BlackBeltGamer98
@meepinater
@Flux
@TBT_Emerald
@Toa_Radrix
@Runa
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Kirathel
@MichaelBT-7474