Catastro-Beast (QB + LB + SB combo)

It is certainly more interesting overall than the individual Beasts. I like that it manage to balance out all those colors in a way that isn’t eyesearing.

2 Likes

While it is a mess of colors and gaps(like ya said) it is miles better then storm or quake beast.

I do think lava beast was a good set. He just needed a tail.

I’ll be waiting slime.

3 Likes

If you count the burnt orange and the slightly darker melded blades, five different shades.

~W12~

2 Likes

Even if they had brilliant and perfect color schemes, the fact that there’s several of them would mess it up anyways. No way to avoid it with a model like this.

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. Having a good color scheme implies that a set will have large quantities of a color, thereby making it easier to remove nonessential colors. The thing about Combo Models is that you want to have the largest amount of pieces possible. The more pieces you have, the more possibilities you’re granted. Thus, if you have a set with a large number of pieces in the same color, you have a better chance at creating a good color scheme.

For example, Tahu Master has a pretty good color scheme, largely featuring red, gold, and trans-orange, with a small bit of silver. Let’s say that I wanted to combine Tahu with Skull Scorpio and K2SO, two sets with almost no colors in common with each other or Tahu. Because Tahu and K2SO have consistent color schemes, they both have a large pool of parts to work with. Skull Scorpio is less consistent, but because the other two sets have such a large pool, I can work around that. What I’d end up with is likely some sort of red, black, and trans-lime combiner, perhaps with some silver or gold strewn about.

The issue with the Beasts is that their colors schemes are terrible. All three of them have at least four colors, which for sets their size, does not leave a good pool of parts. Because the pool was so small, I was forced to use more colors in order to fill out the MOC. The only colors I was able to avoid entirely was the trans-blue from Storm Beast, and the purple on Quake Beast. If Lava Beast had one shade of orange, and if they all had more trans-lime, I could have made the color scheme of this model phenomenally better.

5 Likes

Looks better that UTD. Nice work.

2 Likes

Son I AM V DISAPOINT

Cool combo, better than the beasts. Looks p buff.

1 Like

Honestly the colours don’t really bother me; it kinda looks like the MoC is just black and grey but is glowing with a rainbow of colours.

1 Like

I actually really like this

good job slurm

1 Like

I like it more than the “Doomarak” combiner. Feels more appropriate and the build looks fun. The color scheme looks like he fell in a pool of melted skittles but honestly given the models you were trying to combine I honestly don’t think there’s any way you could have done it without having some clashing colors, even so it’s distributed in a way to where it’s not jarring or feels slapped together, I can see you thought it out and it looks pretty good given with what you’re working with.

Basically I like this combiner I actually might make this combiner as soon as all the sets at my ToysRus go on clearance (yes they’re still here on the shelves…at full retail. Don’t ask me why they’re not on clearance yet, it’s Like ToysRus just wants to keep the shelf
warm)

2 Likes

full disclosure: there’s a good chance they’ll go on clearance before i post instructions

i have a bad track record

2 Likes

Yee Yee, but someone’s been skippin leg day

Slurm, I love this (But I liked Storm beast so everyone hating on may boi makes me too sad to properly enjoy it)

1 Like

Waits patiently I can’t wait. Maybe this will get you elected Metru Governor.

1 Like

dude not even lying

i actually have the instructions now since i took this guy to brickfair

i’ll upload them all to an imgur gallery as soon as i get home

4 Likes

:scream:
Shame I don’t have access to my parts rn

1 Like

alright, got them uploaded now!

enjoy

also in not home im just uploading stuff because people at brickfair are interested

5 Likes

imgur ew

1 Like

Discord slashthrough ew

4 Likes

And it was said on this day, a slimy angel descended from the skies and graced the world with his creation, and how to replicate his creation for all.

Really just glad to see instructions for this were created, as this is such an awesome creation.

3 Likes