CCBS Takanuva

Because he looks short.

There are a huge number of short characters in bionicle. Are you saying every short character looks like an av-matoran?

What? No! I am talking about this character in particular. When I hear Toa, I think at something tall!

Yeah the hip design is pretty awkward here, looks a little unfinished in that area as a whole. Seems rather slapped together of a moc ngl, as the designs while not bad, don’t have much to them. I suppose it’s alright.

2 Likes

I’m always a sucker for Takanuva.

The original toa mata/nuva were about this tall though.

1 Like

I really like the arm design, though they seem too long. He also seems a little too short.

Remind me again how unpopular opinion makes it less relevant.

That’s not how criticism works.

The idea behind constructive criticism is to point out what you don’t notice, possibly from somebody you probably don’t know, who you also probably don’t have an established level of trust for, who is also probably not in the majority. Unless the MOC is outright awful, most comments will be minor nitpicks and praise.

I’m not saying I hate the MOC and that it should die. I’m pointing out a legit error in the construction which you are shoving aside rather rudely, and I would appreciate it if you took the time to examine what I’m talking about, specifically the lack of natural articulation on the hips without temporary reconstruction of the upper legs.

1 Like

I can see how the hips bother people, but they aren’t too big a problem. They actually give the same amount of articulation as the original, more when you twist the leg. Not to mention getting hips that thin to look good is pretty tough.

Why do you think your opinion is more important than the majority?
Am I just supposed to change something whenever some rando comes along and complains?

That is how criticism works, I’m selective of who I listen to because what people like is subjective, I’m not going to listen to one person I don’t know because they have little authority to me, what they like may be trash.
Frankly you’re being arrogant in your assertion that your opinion is somehow superior to the majority.

Ok I’m gonna jump in here real quick. You and @Payinku make some really good points. What I think Payinku is trying to say is that he shouldn’t change something when only one person is in favor of the change, while everyone else isn’t. I believe @Payinku still respects the minority’s opinion, but he doesn’t have to change something just because one person doesn’t like it. Payinku please correct me if I’m wrong. Ok I’m done. Again nice moc👍

2 Likes

I’m not alone. There are at least two other people here reflecting my views.

I don’t want to force him to change it, but I do want to him to actually analyze what I’m bringing into focus instead of being rude about it and labeling me as a jerk.

Once again, Payinku, it’s not the end of the world if one person disagrees. At the very least, listen to the comments on your MOCs so you can be a better builder.

Is this supposed to be G3 Takanuva?
Oh, nevermind, it’s just another leg debate.

Jokes aside, this debate is ridiculous. I agree with Ghidora, the hip design has issues (I’d’ve moved the ball joint outward one space, which would’ve matched the original anyway). And moving the legs sideways causes the pieces to clash. But seriously, what are you even arguing for? You don’t want him to change it, you want him to acknowledge it’s a problem. First post, he did just that, and said he didn’t mind it “in his opinion”. He could’ve just ignored you, instead of simply disagreeing.

Personally, I think the weird shoulders are a bigger issue. Partly because of the grey, but they also look a little odd when everything else is armored. Nice design though.

~W12~

2 Likes

I love that custom torso. I wish the G2 matoran had been designed similar to this moc.

1 Like

Just give @Ghidora131 a little respect here. I agree with him that the hips need work and I’m standing by that, and just because an opinion is in the minority doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be looked at as legitimate criticism.

This debate is silly and could have been avoided if @Payinku could have said something like “Ok thanks, I’ll keep that in mind”. But ey, if you don’t want to be mature that’s fine too.

4 Likes

This MOC is great, with both simple and complex designs at the same time, and blends them perfectly. It really captures the original feel of Takanuva, and the torso and upper arms are just very well built.

That Moc would go really well with another group of CCBS Toa, Though he looks a little tall.

Alright, let’s not let this turn into some stupid argument. Opinions/constructive criticism are allowed in moc topics, and more importantly, encouraged. If you can’t handle opinions, majority or minority, then posting a moc will only get you frustrated.

I’ve deleted the argument, please move on and drop it, moc topics are for appreciation/criticism

6 Likes

11 Likes

Cool. I see those blades on the side can move; can it stand up, like the original?

~W12~