CGL's Bayformers Rewrite Concepts

Well, that wasn’t really the intent. ^_^;
Optimus is generally a lot more chillaxed here; that was a special case, really.

Thanks! There’s more of that in the next one, too.

Glad you’re liking it! I’m working on the last two acts of the fourth one; once those are done I can start posting what’s left.

Indeed. XD

2 Likes

These are quite amazing. Much better than the actual movies, since they pull inspiration from other Transformer media. Although there’s one thing that I would like to see change, but is purely personal preference.

I personally would love to see Megatron shoot Starscream right here. I really don’t have any reason behind it, besides referencing Megatron’s and Starscream’s relationship in G1, but it could possibly fuel later rebellion?

1 Like

Thanks!

Hmm, that’s a good idea!
And don’t you worry, Starscream will get his chance to properly shine in the third one. :wink:

2 Likes

Quoted (with edits for language and coherency) from a conversation with a friend, here’s the Rewrite Concepts: TLK Special! It’s not in the same continuity as these other ones, just something I put down while ranting, but I hope y’all find it interesting. Also, it’ll have spoilers, so if you’re planning on seeing it yet, don’t read this.

by the third trailer, it seemed so straightforward
The pieces were right there and there were really only a few sensible possible ways to put it all together
There’s no way they could possibly mess this up, I was thinking

-Quintessa sending corrupted Optimus with the remains of Cybertron to destroy earth for some reason, this somehow factors in to Arthurian Legend and something in the ocean, and the humans enlist Megatron and his group to help them fight Optimus.

Fill in some gaps, easy as that, and bam, you’ve got a movie

And some of the ideas in the final product are not only decent, but would fill in those gaps and make the whole thing more interesting.

[spoiler]-Quintessa sends corrupted Optimus with the remains of Cybertron to destroy earth before the dormant Unicron can awaken from within it, therefore saving the galaxy from being devoured. The Cybertronian knights that assisted Arthur in his shenanigans were sealed away in their ship (which eventually fell from its mountain cave into the ocean) by Merlin with a special staff he discovered or created; they are the remaining Knights not accounted for by the Dinobots and Optimus. Vivian Wembley is a descendant of Merlin and so can use the staff to control all the knights, including Optimus, so they go to find the ship to find the staff and use that to free Optimus of Quintessa’s control.

They enlist Megatron and his group to delay Optimus while they do that. Megatron has a badass fight scene as the ‘good guy’ for once, but Optimus is relentless and moves on to Bumblebee, and then the knights are freed and charge him. He eventually murderizes them with one swoop of his sword, but moments later Vivan gets the staff to work and puts him on factory reset.

Then the Autobots and Decepticons team up to beat up Quintessa and stop Cybertron from destroying Earth, and once that’s done the Decepticons fly off ready for next time. Cliffhanger ending as we’re reminded this victory still means Unicron is slowly waking up, and bam. Done.[/spoiler]

And this version of things would cut out all the crap like Squeeks and Isabella’s character and WWII and those shenanigans. That stuff really should have been my first warning.

But still, it seemed so easy to get right
And they still completely screwed it up
How

4 Likes

I should seriously finish this up…

2 Likes

Random thought: could you have Lockdown accidentally cause COVID in the rewrites, since one of his foreign names was Quarantine?