Characters unlikely to get development

So we’re already seeing a lot of Tahu being pushed as the main guy who gets personality beyond not slipping, but which characters do you guys think are going to be shafted in terms of development this year?

Personally I’d say Gali, Pohatu and Onua feel like they’ll get less than the other three Toa, while the protectors… I think there will be two getting actual development while the rest sort of stay in the background. We already have Fire as a Vakama ripoff, leaving one other likely to get development. I’m hoping for Earth because of reasons.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

It’s hard to say at this point. Tahu, Kopaka and Lewa are definitely at the front of the line ATM, but the development of the characters will come from the books. I’m hoping that these animations aren’t the main source of canon (I know it’s a funny reference, but seriously “I CAN FEEL THE POWAH!” Not in my canon)

But, I’m thinking that the Protector of Water, Protector of Earth, and Protector of Ice will all be shorthanded in terms of development in the animations.

Anyways, fingers crossed that the books do a far better job than the animations. =P

5 Likes

The skull spiders.

Before you say it, the bohrok, the visorak, the kraata, and even those darned Protocairns that are only talked about via reference by Makuta in Time Trap, all got more development than I bet these spiders will get. Think of the spiders!

…I bet on Gali or Onua, though.

1 Like

Most likely, to be realistic, everyone except Tahu.

9 Likes

All of 'em?

5 Likes

I wouldn’t doubt it.

• looks over at HeroFactory *
    Yeah no doubts from me.
8 Likes

At this point, everyone except for Tahu possibly (even what we got for Tahu is a bit on the meh side right now)

6 Likes

Imagine if Skull Grinder turns out to be the most well-developed, well-written villain of all time. Ten years from now, literature classes will be discussing the influence of Skull Grinder on modern media. In every TV show that can justify it, there is a character who references Skull Grinder in some way or another. We’re really going to look like fools then, aren’t we?

13 Likes

Anyone besides Tahu, cause it seems he is the only Toa getting exclusive screen time.

5 Likes

Maybe they will kill off Tahu like Optimus and The Other Toa go through some phases and stuff so they can have personalities. It would be symbolic and mean stuff.

2 Likes

I highly doubt they would do that…

3 Likes

I know…

i can’t hear the word spider without thinking of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqr9akIuVjQ

1 Like

…I really want this to be true now.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be too surprised if Pohatu or Gali didn’t get developed enough. Although as some of you have mentioned, they might just ignore everyone but Tahu…
This would sadden me greatly…

If the new skull warrior sets get any development beyond “undead mooks for killing” I’d put my money on the Skull Scorpio getting almost nothing. Lego doesn’t really give insectoid/arachnoid being “characterization,” I’ve noticed.

4 Likes

I mean…Krika?

3 Likes

yes, I’d say he’s a character very unlikely to get any further development. Mainly because he’s both not in G2 and dead.

2 Likes

Outside of Teridax, Miserix, and Mutran, he’s probably the Makuta that’s gotten the most development.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m dumb. I thought you were saying Krika was unlikely to get any development.My apologies for the confusion

1 Like

Yes, how silly of you to think that Mist was responding to the actual topic question :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes