Chiara and Zaria

My interpretations of Toas Zaria and Chiara. Let me know what you think!

Chiara:

Zaria:

Zaria with different Kanohi:

18 Likes

I’m going to be honest, zaria looks like a pohatu revamp-just one too many pieces in common such as the mask or thighs. Not that it’s a bad Moc-it has nice upper arms and overall creative part usage.
Chiara is ok, some good ideas in terms of colour and shape but the hands have to change dude also the shoulder pads could be brought in but idk how.
Overall nice builds-I hope you continue to improve and modify these leading up the contest, they have potential.

2 Likes

Who are these guys?

1 Like

You were right about Zaria looking like a Pohatu re-vamp so I added some more pictures of him with different masks, thanks for the advice! As far as Chiara’s hands… they’re definitely a work in progress but I’m kind of stumped on what else I could put there.

1 Like

Stumped! Da dom pshh!
Ok I’ll stop. Maybe put white hand pieces at elbows then add 2 long lift arms then uh…I’d probably need Bricklink to check part numbers. Should I post something in moc how to’s to demonstrate?

2 Likes

Lol nice catch, I didn’t even realize I had made a pun. That’s a kind offer but I think if I mess with the moc for a little while I’ll figure something out. Thanks!

2 Likes

In my opinion, Axonn’s mask looks the best on him

Maybe you could use Hordika necks for hands?

2 Likes

As someone who recently MOCed the main cast of the yesterday quest, I’m surprised at how similar a take we had a Chiara. Zaria though, mine is very different.

1 Like

I have to say I’m not a fan of the low mobility on Chiara’s shoulders. For the hand thing, maybe you could use a ball connector attached to some mixel joints then make some brick built hands. That’s what I would do anyway. I like Zaria. I can’t wait to show off my Chiara and Zaria mocs.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just similar pieces. His Proportions, the color distribution, the shape of his Torso and even his weapons look a lot like the guy…

Not that that is by any means a bad thing, or that Toa can’t arbitrarily look alike. But it is fun noting how similar they actually are if you look at it from that perspective.

2 Likes