Civil War: Should Eljay Remove His Mask for Video Recordings?

Kahi has made an excellent point. As I’ve gotten older I’ve began to increasingly regret my choice of username. I use legomaster1378 for almost everything I do online. But it’s a clunky handle. Over the past year I’ve been setting myself up for a college degree in graphic design and have found explaining my past experiences (with YouTube and the like) more then a bit awkward. So I completely sympathize with Kahi’s goal of making the entire TTV company more professional. They’re doing some pretty great stuff and they deserve to get IRL recognition for it.

The TTV cast have built their channel around their characters. They’ve played up their various attributes to create distinct personas. But with the way TTV is growing they’re gonna need to become more professional. They need to establish their potential as serious entertainment producers. Can you seriously imagine Eljay talking to a LEGO representative about potential partnerships with that giant Miru on his face?

3 Likes

I’ve seen the argument going on here and I’d like to for once have a say.

As much as Eljay deserves to have the right to privacy, how long before that privacy is breached though undesirable means. Eljay has countlessly teased our audience of revealing his face and that brings the wrong kind of attention.

The last thing I want to see is Eljay’s identity being pried from his own hands and held up to the internet in as a prize.

In the end, do what you must. I have no absolute power over others, I can only trust that you will listen to my advice and try to understand what I’m saying. But as a friend of Eljay, I’m only looking out for his well being before his identity is revealed for him.

15 Likes

No, because that isn’t Eljay’s job, silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eljay’s a cast member. He usually doesn’t do the business decisions. REGARDLESS, Eljay shouldn’t have to get rid of personality because that isn’t his job to be professional. His job is to be SILLY, and be a PERSONALITY.

Again, Eljay’s main character is him being the character of Eljay. It’s not his job to be the professionals like Kahi and Var are. That wasn’t his point of existence to begin with!

As for Eljay getting rid of his mask, I just feel it would be pointless. His audio was NEVER an issue. Also, why don’t you guys just make the BioTalk Book Club a show JUST for Vessel? You guys have been wanting to focus on Vessel, and no doubt if you kept it there, more people would want to watch there. Think about the money potential!

6 Likes

Like I said earlier, it’s the editing that’s a hassle. And why are you of all people complaining about something being a hassle? You don’t even do anything other than occasionally appear on the podcast and TTVT. If you ever bothered to actually edit anything, then I could understand why you’d be irritated.
But again, as I said earlier, Eljay’s audio quality isn’t even bad! Oh no boo hoo it’s a a tiny bit muffled. But you can still understand him! And if it’s seriously bothering you that much then why don’t you try actually editing?

In regards to that whole “real name” thing: it definitely doesn’t apply to everyone. Going by your real name may work for you, but if I google my full name, I get a ton of unrelated content and it would take me a while to establish my real name as the top search results. Meanwhile search Prpldragon (or Prpldragonart), the entire first page of results consists of my social media accounts.

Also in general, assuming something works for everyone just because it worked for you is incredibly stupid.

It’s actually “Var and I” not “Me and Var” but whatever. You’re the “”“professional”“” here.

18 Likes

#Roasted

26 Likes

I think Eljay should keep the mask. That was one of the things that got me really interested in all of this. I found eljay neat, interesting, His failers were funny(/s).

######Not trying to be creepy by the way.

Also I have never found Eljays Audio to be that big of a issue. I am always able to make out what he is saying.

7 Likes

Seriously though, guys.

There’s no need to keep this debate on here. It’s lame, and you can solve this for yourselves.

6 Likes

Thanks, Cronk, I had just typed in a 3 paragraph opinion on the issue.

No, I’m fine, I didn’t copy it.

Anyhow, I think the cast members should talk about this issue in private, really.

2 Likes

Well go ahead and post it if you feel like it.

2 Likes

My goal here is to bring this to the public eye and get the opinion of the members here on the Boards. I understand that censorship has been a slightly contested topic as of late, and I feel this is a decent way to continue having a dialogue about that important subject.

We don’t have to do anything. The only one that needs to be more relatable is you. For some reason you often boast about us being a huge company and sitting on a high perch watching everyone from above because… What? We have a lot of people that enjoy us? Our content? Recently, people have been driven away from you due to all of your “corporate” talk. For some reason, having fun and making sure others are having fun is no longer enough.

I know we’ve had this discussion before, but I feel that you’re over-blowing this quality difference a tad. I show up for the podcast, TTVT, my Recaps all with great quality. And we rarely do our video shows as it stands now anyway for it to affect our larger image. Meanwhile, you sound like you’re in an open room and you don’t wear a mask. How does that help?

What I do with my likeness should be my choice to make, Kahi. There’s no need to bar me from a series just because I don’t sound as crystal clear as you (sometimes) do (on a good day).

16 Likes

This sounds like prep for Aprill Fools. If that’s the case. Please continue.

14 Likes

Exactly what I have been arguing.

This whole debate is pointless. TTV has been able to grow is many different ways. Expanding on Vessel, making more shows, and you guys are even being more active on the boards as of late.

##I don’t see how Eljay’s mask thing is a problem. At all, really.

It all feels so pointless to debate this! Like really! Eljay’s clearly in the right here. What he does is his business.

7 Likes

One option is Eljay dubbing over his audio.

That way Eljay keeps his mask, and he has good audio. It’d create a fair bit of unnecessary work, though. Honestly the best option is to just let Eljay have his mask.

You can’t really simply cut him out of the videos all together, for a lot of the fans Eljay is one of the big things that make them watch videos, because he’s popular and most of the fans like him.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll put my 2 cents on the line, since it has been bugging me for quite some time…

@Eljay, I understand the integrity of keeping up a running gag that you wear this mask, but honestly, in the end as this becomes more and more of a buisness, and less and less of a bunch of guys doing a podcast you need to reconsider that. And that’s exactly what TTV has become. You sell shirts, you hire staff, you keep a website running, and assign tasks to others (mods). You have schedules, and heck, even the name being pushed towards “TTV” instead of “The Three Virtues” was a decision a buisness would make.

Face the facts man. Let’s take the example of the convention you recently met fans at. How on EARTH is anyone going to take you seriously if you have a Halloween mask on all the time? I certainly know the parents of those kids probably weren’t happy with their kids meeting what is essentially a masked stranger in a park. These are the reprocautions of your childish hang up on keeping a piece of cardboard stuck to your face all the time. Now that you’re an integral part of a company Eljay, people need to see your face as an image of the faith you have in them. People like @Kahi are only looking at TTV from a buisness perspective. You guys can have fun in call, but in the end this is still a company you need to take seriously, like the rest of TTV (who, might I add, have revealed who they look like!)

4 Likes

Yes, and we all know Kahi hates work.

That would be too much for poor old Kahi, huh?

Poor Kahi and his inability to work and edit videos.

##Boo freaking woo.

6 Likes

As they say in Poland…

Of happenings

4 Likes

But seriously, though. I don’t think this whole debate needs to be a point of contention.

Also I will admit I went too far with that. Apologies.

1 Like

What even does this sentence mean?

1 Like

It’s Eljay’s anti-layman terms.

2 Likes

Forgot a word, that might help.

2 Likes