Community Writing Project: Remake of G1 Sign-Up(Closed) and Discussion

This sounds really interesting! Sign me up.

I’m going to throw this out for everyone to consider.

Do you guys think we should adopt the format of the Bionicle serials (Posting chapters on the Boards as we go) or should we create books and post them as we finish them? Or perhaps some other third thing.

1 Like

Serials, I guess.

I think we should create our own website to post the serials on as it gives us more creative freedom to organize and customize them…

Great plan in theory, in reality… I don’t know…

1 Like

@MataNui606 I can use Weebly or some other website program to create it, I’ve done it before…

2 Likes

Ok, just wanted to check which side of reality we were on. If you can do it, that’s great!

1 Like

SIGN ME UP. I’m already working on a book with my friend.

1 Like

That would be pretty fantastic.

###Here are some things to get us started.

So here’s what I generally had in mind for all this. I want to remake the story. Do away with plot holes and the like and flesh out characters. I also don’t think this should be a carbon copy of G1. We should have our own twists (Within reason) to help make this story our own. To do that, we need to address some things.

-The capacity for love and reproduction

-The Red star and the nature/purpose of the Mata-Nui robot

-(Sub note) The purpose of the other Bionicle races

-The fact that the Makuta are really OP

-Toa of Magnetism and Iron are OP in a universe with biomechanical beings

-Matoran and gender (Example: should we still have all Ta-matoran male?)

-(Sub note) Perhaps some tweaks on the mechanics of mask/elemental powers.

-The ending of our story

1 Like

Website is done.

1 Like

Looks great. Making a mental note to mess with Weebly later.

Ey, can I still join?
I’ve got experience with serials.

When you make a website with Weebly, it ends up as being a private website, only being accessible through a link…hence why I created it using Wix.

@TawaOfFire So it looks like we can sign in with our Message board accounts. Is that right?

@Underoos_Spidey Yes

1 Like

I’m definitely interested. I have done a hard reboot before, where the Mata-Nui robot doesn’t exist.
I would like to help, maybe as a consultant.

Do you want a soft reboot? If yes, I’ll have to rewrite some of my ideas.

Can you abbreviate? The “sign up” page is just a page to encourage BIONICLE fans to sign up to the project by getting a TTV Boards account…

I see.

@Solaris We’re in the middle of figuring that out.

Should you link the website to the topic, to get the word out and get members of the boards to know our project?

I put it up just now.

I think we have enough people for now.

My plan for this is to offer advice and make suggestions, due to the fact that I really don’t have enough time or experience to be entrusted with rewriting a beloved (though complex) story.
I have an idea that we have two groups, one for consulting/revising, and another for the actual writing. I would be in the first group.