Conduit: Race Against Time(RP Topic)

“Make it yourself?” Jeff jokes. “Or just make it your own?”

1 Like

“That’s… nice,” Alex says. “Can you play any AC/DC?” Eliza places her head in her hands, a frustrated sigh turning into laughter.

“Alex, a classically-trained musician is not going to play you an AC/DC song on a recorder,” she says, stifling her laughter.

“Whaaat, it’s worth a shot, isn’t it?”

OOC: Gonna be gone for the next hour or so.

2 Likes

“I added my own style to it.” Zablex said as he put it away.

Zablex hears the laughter and plays, Highway to Heck for a few seconds.

2 Likes

“Figured as much.” Jeff answered. “Oh, that reminds me. I think we still need to catch Alex up to speed, don’t we?”

3 Likes

“Would it he better or worse to mention to her that one part you told me where you became a fugitive of the American Government for a week?” Fred blurted out, regretting he said that after the fact.

1 Like

Zablex gives Fred a warning glare.

2 Likes

“It would probably be better if I tell the story.” Jeff says. “Or someone else who was there, at the least. We’d have a less distorted view of what happened.”

2 Likes

“You would be best able to do so.” Zablex said.

2 Likes

“Yeah, right…” fred mumbled, his face red as he winced at what he had said.

1 Like

“You’re fine, we all have moments.” Jeff says, turning to Alex. “So, I’m sure you’ve heard the stories about Helmitki Kunin, and their magical rocks and stuff?” He asks her. “Well, you see, that’s true. These pieces of jewelry, including yours from the looks of it, are called Conduits, and have abilities that many would consider magical. We are here, because the ruins and catacombs found underneath the city seem to be related to the ancient capital city of Helmitki Kunin. We are here to explore them, make sure they’re safe, see what else we can learn about them from this, and make sure there’s no Conduits down there for other dangerous people to find.”

3 Likes

“And if there are any there?” Zablex asked.

2 Likes

“We make sure they aren’t when we leave.” He says.

1 Like

For the briefest of moments, Zablex smiles and nods.

2 Likes

Jessica walks through the terminal and into the Russian airport. She found it rather odd and kind of suspicious that she was picked to go on this expedition rather than the literal hundreds of more qualified archaeologists in her university, and that she’d be going in alone. Deciding to not confront her existential dread now, she decides to get a bite to eat. Getting her food and sitting a few tables away from the main group, she eats her food while wearing her glove that she was told to “wear at all times” during the project.

3 Likes

OOC: Okay, I’m back.

IC: Alex stares at Jeff for a second. “Right. Neat. Sooo… what does this do?” She waves her bracelet in the air in front of her, the conduit and reddish gem clearly visible.

“Wait, how did you…?” Eliza asks, looking at Alex in bewilderment.

“Figure it out? Come on, give me some credit. You suddenly offer me this before we leave, and now I learn that jewelry is magic?” She flashes a roguish grin. “Elementary, my dear Watson. I’m going to guess that your pendant and ring do stuff too, don’t they?”

“…right,” Eliza says, nodding sheepishly. “My pendant can emit light, but I don’t know what the ring does. I was hoping Jeff could tell us, instead of me accidentally burning your apartment down or something.” Alex laughs, looking at her bracelet in a new light.

“So, what does it do? Is it based on the gemstone? You said this was garnet; does that give me heat vision? Teleportation? Photosynthesis?” She looks at Jeffery eagerly.

2 Likes

Zablex stays quiet, listening intently to the conversation.

OOC: Gonna be gone for a few hours, sorry.

3 Likes

“You said it’s garnet?” Jeff asks. “Well, they listed that as “Connection.” It allows you to “connect” things to other things, and only you would be able to disconnect them. It’s like, you can stick stuff together. You can even use it to, like, walk on walls and stuff.”

Jeff looks at Eliza’s ring. “And that…peridot, right? That is called “Storage.” It essentially creates a pocket dimension you can stick stuff into.”

Jeff, not noticing Jess sitting down, spoke loud enough to where she could probably hear him.

2 Likes

“Oh really…” Alex picks up her plastic cup, her bracelet glowing slightly as she places the drink on the table once more. An experimental nudge finds the cup stuck firmly in place. “Ta-da! No more worrying about spilling my drink, I guess.” She grins fiercely, craning her neck awkwardly to reach the straw.

Eliza examines her ring closely, intrigued. She picks up the plastic salt-shaker, cupping it in her hands so that both the shaker and the ring are covered. A swirl of light escapes from a gap between her fingers, and she opens her hands to find the salt shaker gone. She repeats the motion, and after another swirl of light the salt shaker is back, seemingly unchanged by its cosmic journey.

“Ha, you could be a magician with that,” Alex quips, examining the salt shaker for herself.

“Yeah, something like that…” Eliza’s eyes are distant and thoughtful, other ideas on her mind.

1 Like

“Interesting…” Jeffrey notes. “I wonder if there was anything in there when you found it.” He thinks aloud.

2 Likes

“Ooo, I wonder!” Alex says, turning to Eliza. “Maybe someone left some money in there.” Eliza frowns, tracing over the ring with one finger.

“It… I think I could feel when the salt shaker was in there. I… if there’s other things in there, I can’t feel them.” She shrugs. “Sorry 'Lex, we aren’t getting rich tonight.”

“Awww.” Alex slumps melodramatically. “A magical adventure in a foreign country with my best friend and I don’t even get to walk home rich? What’s the point?” The two girls laugh, sharing a brief smile.

1 Like