Conduit: Race Against Time(RP Topic)

Jeff looks at them, smiles, and chuckles. “Not rich yet.” He said, not voicing what he was thinking. “Who knows what we’ll find down below?” He says, finishing his meal.

2 Likes

“Won’t know until we get down there and find out,” Alex says, an excited glint in her eyes. Eliza nods, too busy wolfing down the rest of her salad to add to the conversation.

1 Like

Zablex watched with great interest, keeping quiet and eating while the others conversed.

2 Likes

The flashes of light from Alex and Eliza’s conduits catch Jessica’s eye.
“Nice jewelry you got there.”
She swallows her food.
“What is it?”
@rainsong

3 Likes

Jeff freezes. “…How much of that conversation did you hear?” He asks, a little more conscious about how loud he was being now.

2 Likes

Jessica seems a little confused.
“What conversation? I just want to know why their stuff is glowing.”
She points with her gloved hand at Alex and Eliza.
@Runa

2 Likes

“It’s a, uh, magic trick!” Alex says, waggling her fingers. “Want a demonstration?” Eliza watches guardedly, folding her hands so that her ring is covered (with her pendant already being tucked beneath her jacket).

Zablex gets up and walks over to Jessica, “If I may be so bold, why are you here?” He asked, a pleasant but warning tone to his voice.

“I’m an archaeologist here to investigate what was found underneath this city.”
She remains unfazed.
“Why are you here?”
@BlackBeltGamer98
“Also that’s a pretty neat magic trick.”
@rainsong

Alex waves her hands again. “Maaaagic. I’m Alex, by the way.” She stands, offering a handshake. “Sorry that my friends are being a bit short, we were just talking about…”

“Some research our friend’s doing,” Eliza pipes in. “It’s still a bit new; we don’t want to spread it around too much before they get a chance to publish. And I’m Elizabeth, by the way.” She waves, smiling slightly.

1 Like

“A friend of mine invited me to join him in the same thing.” Zablex said.

1 Like

Suddenly, Jeff gets an idea.

“The same thing. Perhaps you’d like to join us?” He asks. “We’ll be safer in a larger group.”

1 Like

Jessica shakes Alex’s hand and waves to the rest of the group.
“I’m Jessica, and I’d also like to have some help on this.”
@Runa
@rainsong
@BlackBeltGamer98

1 Like

“Nice to meetcha, Jessie,” Alex says with a grin. “Looks like you’ve got some magic tricks of your own?” She nods to the other woman’s glove, with the distinctive gem and conduit on the back.

Jeff laughs. “Well, maybe she does, maybe she doesn’t.” He says. “Anyways, I’m Jeff. I’m sorta the one who brought this little ragtag group together.”

“Nice to meet you, Jeff.”
She inspects her glove for a second.
“And I am 100% sure that this can’t do any magic tricks.”
@rainsong
@Runa

Zablex looks at the glove from his seat.

“As to you.” Jeff said, looking around. “So, is everyone else about ready to go?”

1 Like

Fred nodded in the affirmative

Eliza nods, swallowing the last of her food. “I’m ready when you guys are.” Alex nods too, running off quickly to dispose of the rest of her meal.