Conduit: Race Against Time(Signup and Discussion)

Basically, Conduits are magic pieces of jewelry (usually necklaces, amulets, rings and the like) their power is dependent on which gemstone is used in its construction. The catch is that a person can only use a maximum of two Conduit powers at the same time.

@Runa’s the one to ask what all the known Conduit Powers are as of Race for Power’s ending last year.

The rules are…make you you think they’d be after two years. Likely, they’d have the same gemstone, and if you want they can have up to one more. Other than that, no real limits.

Conduits are the magical items, usually a piece of jewelry, in which a gemstone is set. If a gemstone is set inside of a Conduit, that Conduit can access the powers within the gemstone you picked to be in that conduit.

For example,

Conduit: Ring
Gemstone: Jade.

The jade is the rock inside the ring, and the ring is the item that lets you use the magic in the jade(and the powers of each gemstone you choose will be revealed to you after your character is already accepted.)

3 Likes

Name: Elizabeth Brooks
Appearance: About average height with a slim build, pale skin, and dark eyes, with straight brown hair that is cut just a bit above her shoulders.
Place of Origin: Wisconsin
Conduit type: A necklace with a pendant and a small, plain ring.
Gemstone: Opal for the pendant and peridot for the ring
Personality/Bio: Out of high school Eliza spent a few years working as a barista, unsure of what she wanted from life. Then her pendant started glowing, leading to her joining a group of others in Estonia, where she accidentally aided a dangerous fugitive and slapped a few people in the face. Since then, she’s settled back into her status quo for the most part, continuing to make coffee and make friends. The past couple years have been quiet for her, with finding the peridot and garnet conduits and meeting Alex being the highlights. Now that the catacombs have been found under Saint Petersburg, she finds herself being sucked into things yet again…

Name: Alexis Jin
Appearance: Short and wiry, with short, messy black hair and round eyes. Tends to wear simple, boy-ish clothing.
Place of Origin: Arizona
Conduit Type: Bracelet
Gemstone: Garnet
Personality/Bio: Alex grew up a rebellious child caught under the thumb of controlling parents. She jumped at the chance to go to college somewhere far away from home, where her parents could no longer tell her what to do. There she met Elizabeth, with the two becoming fast friends.

2 Likes

Name: Jessica Deitz
Appearance: Brown hair usually kept in a ponytail, green eyes, with an athletic build, and pale skin.
Place of Origin: Victoria, Canada
Conduit Type: A black right-handed glove covered in silver filigree with the gem set on the back of the hand.
Gemstone: Amethyst
Personality/Bio: Jessica is an aspiring archeologist studying in Toronto, who is hoping to write a paper on Kunini architecture once she gets back from Russia. Her glove was left to her by her grandfather when he died, and she’s kept it with her since. Jessica is adventurous, head-strong and doesn’t always know when to quit.
Misc: She mains Trolldier in TF2

3 Likes

All accepted.

My turn!

Name: Jeffrey McKenyan
Appearance: Slim, average height, brown hair and eyes, with glasses. Wears a black hat and jeans, with a light grey t-■■■■■ and a dark grey zip-up hoodie. Ring on right forefinger
Place of Origin: Northwestern PA, USA
Conduit Type: Ring, Pendant
Gemstone: Jade, Amethyst
Personality/Bio: Prone to outbursts of excitement, but otherwise quite quiet. Knowledgeable, yet somewhat naive.
Misc: Activated the conduits. Very perceptive. He’s a little bit of a musical nerd. Takes martial arts classes. Anthropologist, focusing mostly on Helmitki Kunin.

1 Like

@Runa, I’m gonna want to talk with you about what Zablex’s second Conduit should be as I have a few ideas but nothing concrete yet.

Name: Zablex

Appearance: Six feet and 7 inches tall, slender, dark hazel eyes, fiery red hair with gold highlights. Wears dark colors a lot, usually a black t ■■■■■, dark grey zipup hoodie, combat boots and dark jeans, he wears an obsidian Mjolnir pendant that he keeps with him at all times. Wears a pair of bracelets with plain gold ankhs, one on each arm. On his left hand, he has a Medusa ring he says is “a warning to those who think about messing with him”. Tends to wear long sleeved shirts as his arms are scarred from something that happened two years ago. He has also taken to wearing studded, black leather fingerless gloves as his usual ensemble.

Place of Origin: Lives in New York City.

Conduit Types: Pendant, TBD

Gemstone: Obsidian, TBD

Personality/Bio: An aspiring musician and martial artist, now in the interest of collecting Estonian jewelry who seems pleasant at first but has a temper and is often rather serious in a fight. Two years ago, he learned about the mysteries of the Conduits and suffers some nightmares from seeing the effects of a very dangerous Conduit two years ago. Nowadays, he still studies Kunini and Conduit lore, practices music (singing and instruments) but he now has added Kunini jewelry collecting to his list of hobbies. Has a temper and there is rumor he has dabbled in some kind of magic. In a fight, he tends to use weapons with parts that seem to be made from some sort of black glass. Knowledgeable about music and ancient Kunini history (the part involving the Conduits).

Misc. Stuff: Has a second Conduit hidden away but only he knows where and what it is (It’s going to be an Opal Conduit). By this point, he has been in college for a while and is in Russia to study abroad the Kunini legends.

Here is Zablex’s original Signup for Conduit: Race for Power.

2 Likes

Accepted.

Though I will say,

Estonians are not Kunini, and vice versa. Estonia may be one of the main areas the Kunini empire was in, but they’re actually a bit more similar to the Finns. Not to the point that they wouldn’t have been considered a distinct people, but similar enough to where an easy connection could be drawn.

2 Likes

Noted. The signup sheet has been accordingly edited.

1 Like

That makes five.

When do you guys want to start?

And to those of you who still want to join, even once we actually start,you’re always welcome to!

3 Likes

Any time is good for me

2 Likes

I’ll be a bit busy over the next few days, but should be open later in the evenings if you wanted to start soon.

2 Likes

I won’t be able to get on until Monday

3 Likes

So it sounds like we’ll be starting tomorrow!
Also, I’ll be adding in another character soon, so stay tuned.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Name: Kimi Heikkinen
Appearance: He wears a black long sleeve under a dark grey zip up hoodie, and always wears black gloves, along with a pair of light grey pants. He has relatively short brown hair and brownish eyes, along with pale skin. Wears a ring above his glove on his left pointer finger.
Place of Origin: Somewhere in Eastern Finland
Conduit Type: Bracelet, Ring
Gemstone: Optical Calcite, Peridot
Personality/Bio: Kimi lived in Finland for quite a while, however he has been in Petersburg for a few months now, “looking for something” as he says.
Misc: Very quiet, with good eyesight.

2 Likes

I totally read that as “Kini” at first and thought that was funny :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s up, my friends! Are you ready for an adventure?

4 Likes

Oh, Zablex is there and already looking to add to his collection of Kunini artifacts.

1 Like

Yeah, but he should be careful.You know what happens when a stylish piece of jewelry becomes fashionable and stylish.

1 Like

All he needs is to know where someone’s brainstem is and he does have a few hidden items in his long coat; he’s not totally unprepared for a scuffle.