Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“Bailey, there’s no need to shoot anyone,” she says, waving for Bailey to put the gun down.

“These people having been following us for the past few days,” she explains to Kenny, gesturing to the CIA. “We did nothing to provoke them and they have no authority under which to harass us on foreign soil. Their leader shot Justin in the head not too long ago; an entirely undeserved action. This is why he shot her just now. I was standing in front of her, the bullet went through her shoulder. I don’t think it’s fatal. If we all keep our heads, we can provide her medical attention and make sure that no one else dies today.” @TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika

1 Like

“There’s never an excuse for you to kill anyone!” Kenny growls “But I spose I’m going to have to stop you myself!”

“Um, i’m still alive.” Christine groaned.

@jayzor17
@Axels
@BlackBeltGamer98
Justin chuckled at everyone’s reactions. “I am so glad you asked.
You see, just as the bullet began to penetrate by skuyll, I phased myself in that split second, allowing it to harmlessly pass through my brain. I then allowed you all to think I was dead…” he said, pacing around the room ferociously.
He then turned back to the group. “But while I pretended to be dead, I had an ‘epiphany’. I realized, that throughout this whole trip, practically nobody recognized me, or was grateful for my efforts on this whole little ‘journey’ of ours. Nobody ever said, ‘Oh gee Justin, thank you for helping us. We really appreciate that you sacrificed yourself to save us from those CIA agents!’”
He then dug into his pocket.
“I wandered around some ruins when I found this!” Justin said, pulling a shiny object from his pocket, from which sand fell off. It was a golden Ankh necklace.
“With this, I could bring some real changes to the world, and everyone would finally praise me for my accomplishments! I could bring humanity into an age of peace!" he said slightly crazily, one of his eyes twitching.

“Bring humanity into an age of peace?” Kenny asked “I’ve heard that language before, it’s never good!”

“She isn’t dead!” Eliza repeats, one hand drifting to her conduit. “Now please, there’s no need to come to blows over this! She needs medical attention, and we can’t give that to her if we’re busy fighting.”

“Justin? Please be quiet.” She quickly returns her attention to Kenny.

Kenny fiddles with his conduit, almost instantly two Kennys come out
“Grab Justin, make sure he can’t escape!” Kenny orders, the two Kennys do so
@Mctoran

“So, because we were in a rush to leave because the CIA was pursuing us for petty reasons, you’re salty about us not thanking you for taking a bullet and want to use an Ancient Egyptian symbol for life to try and rule the world?” Zablex asked, sounding a bit confused? unimpressed?

He looks at Agent Warren, “And as for you and your people, I may try to phone the CIA HQ in Washington to file a complaint about your team’s behavior.” He said, definitely ticked.

1 Like

One of the Kenny clones tries to take the Ankh from him

“I mean, I’m pretty sure that you shouldn’t blame her because you broke the law…”

Zablex looks a bit puzzled, “Remind me when I broke the law?” He asked.

OOC: are you referring to when Zablex took stuff from dead bodies (and of one he thought was dead) or am I missing something?

1 Like

“Well to be honest, the CIA are after you, they generally go after people who don’t follow the law but if you were a low life criminal like I assumed, you’d have the cops after you, these conduits are powerful and they belong in trusted hands!” Kenny replies

“For the record, my theory is that it’s all Warren’s fault.” He replied in a frighteningly calm tone.

“She’s the one who started this whole mess by attacking first and then hunting is like a madwoman solely because we have Conduits and tried to defend ourselves.” He said, recalling how she drew a gun on them and he paralyzed her because he was genuinely afraid for his life.

1 Like

“So you guys attempt to murder her?” Kenny asks “just because she pulled attacked you, if I did that, that guy” he points to bailey “would be dead!”

“She drew a gun, I was genuinely afraid for my life and I reacted.” He told him.

“She shot first.” He said, putting emphasis on each syllable.

“He drew a gun on me!” Kenny yelled “why not be reasonable and ask for her reasoning?”

“Why don’t you ask them?” He said.

“Yeah, 'til yer six feet under” Bailey spat, his southern accent coming out. “Trust me when I say that sometimes you gotta take a lil’ initiative.”

He pauses, blinks a little bit, and puts the gun down. “But I guess now isn’t one of those situations.”

@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika Bailey simply scoffs. “Yeah, how dare I not try to protect myself and my associates from someone who could very easily be the enemy. My bad.” His voice is venomous, filled with anger and sarcasm.

1 Like

“It’s not like your friend just threatened to, oh I don’t know TAKE OVER THE WORLD!” Kenny yells

“Friend?” Bailey looks around the group, “that guy? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him until like ten minutes ago.”

“Your ‘associate’ then!” Kenny spits

“If you want to understand their reasoning so badly, why don’t you just waltz up and ask them?” Zablex says to Kenny.