Corona! The Golden Toa of Sunlight!

Way too many clashing textures in my opinion, which kinda hurt the all-gold motif of this MOC (gold is usually smooth). Also, the wings look really jumbled up and unorganized.

4 Likes

Yeah that one was never available in Finland :frowning:

1 Like

I think you have a good shot at the MOC spotlight. The sheer amount of
greebling you managed on this guy is astounding, and the whole thing looks amazing. Be proud - you made a pure-gold MOC that did it right!

2 Likes

Well, everything is gold, meaning no heresy here! Good job

3 Likes

Man I love golden and translucent pieces. I like this one.

2 Likes

Those two blue pins… Not sure what to think.

Fantastic Moc

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

2 Likes

This MOC is gold.

Yes I just went there.

2 Likes

Yeah because of the way the upper body is built, I would have had to disassemble the entire upper body to replace ONE of them with a black one. Too lazy to do it XD

Also because the halo and Aurum keep the pins hidden anyway, it kinda felt unnecessary.

1 Like

Blue pins? Why didnt you just spray paint those in gold as well?

2 Likes

Read the reply above ^

1 Like

And I thought Tahu Uniter had a lot of gold. Yeesh.
Very impressive, though, especially using almost entirely that one colour. But, even though it was what you were going for, it might benefit from some secondary colour to break up the monotony. The shining, blindingly bright monotony.

2 Likes

This build is crazy, and in all the best ways! Aurum’s wings are the the greatest part imo. The Cinderella wheel and HF flame pieces together are unbelievably cool and really nail the sunlight theme. Makes the creature seem like he’s bursting with life and energy.
The main suggestion I would make would be to move the Toa masks from the back of Corona’s knees to the sides of his lower arms, somehow. Seems like that would make his arms more solid and free up some more articulation in the knee, but it’s your MOC not mine. :grin:
Also, I have no idea what the curly, tentacle-like pieces poking out from underneath the skull armor parts on corona’s knees are, but they look amazing.

2 Likes

The pieces you are talking about came from an airship set from Lego Elves.

As for your suggestion, I tried doing that, but in return the masks hampered articulation in the arms :stuck_out_tongue:. On top of this, it left just an unsightly gap in the golden armor at the back of the legs. If I had two of the golden skull villain masks, I would probably try and attach them to the arms.

1 Like

THE GOLD BURNS MY EYES
I agree with what cronk said, it’s… a very gold MOC, and that was your intention, but the textures clashing makes it look like a bayformer

good work none the less, I applaud your determination to make the goldest MOC

4 Likes

Did Rogal Dorn design this like he did the Imperial Palace? It’s the only explanation for this amount of detail and gold.

3 Likes

MY EYES!!

2 Likes

…immmmmmmmpreasive. Love it

2 Likes

All these comments and not a single 2017 Goldar joke…

3 Likes

Papa Dorn only designs the most spectacular of structures. I second this reasoning

3 Likes

Over 600 vies and over 100 likes :smiley: Someone tweet Ven and tell him to review this ;D

1 Like