Corsgar, Lost Deity

Corsgar is now a two and a half year old MOC, seeing name changes, revamps, and new techniques. His current form is by far the most detailed, and largest. It took on several design changes, but still holds many similar details.

IMG_1592

IMG_1659

IMG_1590.HEIC

History

i got the Kraahkan for Christmas back in 2020, and knew it had to be on an important MOC. At the time, this is what that looked like.

IMG_0029.HEIC

IMG_0030.HEIC

There’s a lot wrong with this build, but I’m not going to get into all of it. The shoulders are awkward, the sword doe not match the rest, and the colors make it difficult to see.

It didn’t take long before I decided to revamp it, sticking with the same design, but a more well put together scheme.

IMG_1480.HEIC

IMG_1481.HEIC

IMG_1482.HEIC

A great improvement, but still holding some repeat flaws. The back was a concept I really liked, but it is very heavy, and is not easily integrated into a build of this scale, leaving it in an odd position, as if it’s not really supposed to be there. I did end up changing out the weapon though, getting rid of the old sword, swapping in an axe I had made prior to the original. The axe used to belong to a Marendar MOC I had, but as that one got updated, the axe was phased out.

Character

As a character, Corsgar was created by the Great Beings of his universe to govern over a city of Matoran they had no time for. He was to only act if a situation would not resolve itself. The world he knew was small, nestled in some mountains with little but a body of water to find amusing. He acted dutifully for a long time, but grew very bored.

It started off as bad advice, aimed to create more squabbles, then the sabotaging of key locations to start infighting. Each time Corsgar pushed the line, he found himself more entertained. Eventually the world he governed was sent to ashes by his own hand.

Corsgar ventured out through the mountains, seeing more of what the Great Beings had created. He came across a small hut, dark, and nearly bare of any furniture. A desk, and mountains of paper accompanied a single being. They took no notice of Corsgar at first, as if in a trance staring at a large axe.

Without much thought, Corsgar killed the being, taking the axe and learning of it’s odd power. He looked into it, and saw worlds like nothing he had seen before, but no way to visit them.

Continuing his journey, Corsgar found the Great Beings themselves. Like the strange figure from before, he killed them, thinking nothing of it. Searching their large laboratories, he saw many odd things, but one object caught his attention. A glowing blue crystal like object, matching the hue of his axe.

Seizing it, he at once knew what ability it possessed, the ability to travel dimensions. So began his trip to many new worlds, repeating the actions he had started in his own. An unending quest to be entertained. A quest that only grew harder the more he repeated them. With time, the enjoyment of burning a town, or preying on the weak minded became joyless to him. But on he ventures, to find what will awaken those old emotions again.

Corsgar is powerful, able to manipulate any non-sentient matter around him. Additionally, his axe lets him peer into different dimensions, the crystal now embedded in his chest the means to get there.

He cares for no one, merciless in every action. The one thing he desires, is joy, but a sadistic one that costs others. His life has little meaning, and he believes his journey to find entertainment is what will bring it back.

Additional Photos

IMG_1658

IMG_1657

IMG_1656

IMG_1595

21 Likes

Ooh this moc looks very creepy. The trans-light blue really pops against the black, and it’s definitely an improvement over the originals. Nice job

2 Likes

love the chest and the surrounding ribs

2 Likes

Love that chest design, and the story is a really simple but uniquely evil take on a the super powerful evil god trope.

2 Likes

Dat ribs

2 Likes

his chest really gives me shadow leviathan vibes from subnautica: below zero.
fantastic looking moc overall too, well done!

4 Likes

That’s definitely one thing I’ve been improving on lately. Getting colors to compliment each other well is very important to catch the eye.

Yeah, I want to do more with it, I just have to sit down and think about it. There’s probably other MOCs that need it more.

Thank you all, the chest was the big thing I wanted to get right on this, and building a stable body around it was a unique challenge.

4 Likes

So, in this universe, the Great Beings owned the Space Stone?

2 Likes

Could’ve just been a crumpled up painted Olmak

4 Likes

subnatica is just epic

4 Likes

I can see really great concept forming here. Text me separately from this post if you want to upgrade this moc. I would love to help.

2 Likes

If you have ideas, I’d love to hear them here; that way everything is in one place.

4 Likes