Crusader Kings 3

Crusader Kings 3 is a game where you play as a dynasty of medieval rulers from the year 868 AD/1066 AD to 1453 AD. It is a game of great conquests, backstabbing, partying, and also becoming a medieval dating sim + dynasty breeding simulator. It is also a game where you can eat the Pope.

How it works is that you start off as an earl, duke, king, or an emperor of a land. The goal is to keep your lineage and dynasty in power until the end date. Your main screen is a map of Europe, North Africa, and Western Asia where you can conquer and claim land to grow ever more powerful. Then next thing you know, you are assassinated and then you play as your two-year-old son who is hated by everyone. What a fun game!

The game doubles as an RPG in some sense, focusing on stats for your character you play and trying to keep getting good ones for heirs and interacting with other characters in the game who wish to either support or oppose you. There is roleplay elements to it all.

Overall fun game, 10/10 would take over the throne of France again.

2 Likes

Is this game free to play? I’d be imterested in checking it out.

it’s 20% off on steam rn

…though you could always pirate it

It is not, but it is worth the full price I assure you.

I did a quick search online, and it seems like Crusader Kings 2 has been free on Steam since the release of the third one. Would that one be worth playing?
I am not a huge gamer, I rarely purchase any games.

Crusader Kings 2 is OK, but the learning curb for the game is much steeper than 3. It’s also very barebones without the hundreds of dollars of DLC to go with it. It’s not very new-player friendly, I tried it a few times and found 3 to be much easier to get into. (And the tutorial is actually helpful, though watching someone play it on YouTube also helps.) So yeah that one is free, but it’s just a more difficult, buggy, and confusing mess. With less content than 3, mind you, because 2’s base game constricts you to only European nations while 3 starts off with most of the Old World’s medieval kingdoms.

3 also just looks way better with the User Interface. I just vastly recommend it more, it’s such a good game on release, which is a rarity in this day and age.

1 Like

I am now interested

5 Likes