Ctenosaura (Bio-Cup '22 R1 entry)

Turns out, he likes it when you shoot at him!

Built for round 1 of Bio-Cup 2022.
Theme: Kaiju
Sub theme: Reptile

(Unedited)

Credit for the editwork to Petersheikah flic.kr/ps/3Q5r7Y

36 Likes

He’s actually kinda cute!

2 Likes

This is really cool

1 Like

Ah this moc is quite good. I really like the use of the transparent orange pieces, nice job!

2 Likes

Beautiful job on the natural shaping and colour distribution.

4 Likes

Really cool! I like the shaping!

1 Like

oh wow that looks great!
looks very derpy

1 Like

It’s a great model, but isn’t it illegal? The cut flex tube in the eyes seems to be shorter than the official metrics.

2 Likes

Everybody cuts flex tubes, so I don’t really care

I’ve done it myself too, but I think there’s a rule against cutting in metrics that don’t exist in biocup this year.

well, if I go through to R2, ig it doesn’t matter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

the chin fin feels a little wonky.

Well, this didn’t age well! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Ohh man did you get disqualified?

1 Like

Yup, but it’s fine! Knowing the theme and matchups for R2, I couldn’t have gotten far anyway.
Now I have peace :relieved:

1 Like

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen an iguana made out of bionicle elements, but I am glad one exists now. The face is particularly impressive, as it really captures the personality of the reptilian. My favorite part are the eyes. The way you combined the voodoo ball, bar, and hollow stud elements is really convincing.

Though I have to wonder when this iguana changes colors, would it also change elements? So for example, turning blue might make him a water iguana, or white an ice iguana, etc.

7 Likes

this moc was powerful enough to make cocoa come back from the dead

4 Likes

It is possible to change the trans orange pieces to trans light blue iirc, would be very interesting to see other variants! Even the belly could be changed with Nokama Hordika heads for a dark blue underside :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes