Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

He’d see Sean at his desk, looking over his work from the night prior. Hans, meanwhile, wasn’t there.

Jacques hadn’t slept a moment over the night, half in preparation, half in fear. She would be here today.

Moenir would see a boat out in the nearby waters flying the Nikidian flag.

Sarah stretched. “Watcha cookin?” She asks.

1 Like

“Any progress Hijlab?” Haful asked.

Sean nods. “I finished the draft and I’m looking it over for errors.” He says. “But I’d like to ask, what does that mean? ‘Hijlab,’ that is.”

“It’s a unique word, that has no direct meaning in you language, but it means something similar to comrade, brother, and friend all in one.”

“I see.” Sean says. “Good to know. Thank you.”

“thank you, may I ask what you are making a draft of?”

“The declaration for our independence from Marsada and Nikidia.” Sean tells him. “And after that’s finished, I’ll start on the other forms and red tape we’ll need.”

“And there is, P-Pro,” He stopped for a moment, trying to remember the word. “Protocol? Protocol for this? You fill out these papers and they just let you go? I find that challenging to believe.”

Ryko glanced up at Sarah, then at Aina, then back down to his notes.

Moenir makes his way to the ship, looking for an easy to get on it.

Aina responds,
“I’m baking a delicious breakfast. Have you ever had baked oatmeal? You just need to add some brown sugar and some delicious berries and you have a great breakfast meal.”

1 Like

He chuckles. “Not quite. It’s so future generations know how we run things, and so other foreign countries other than our two oppressors might actually recognize us as independent.”

Moenir might find that difficult, as the ship was not docked at the bay, just as the local Big Name had requested. They were in nearby water, with some crew still roaming the island.
However, if he’d come out by boat, he wouldn’t see an easy way on, but would see a man looking over the boat at him.

“Can’t say I have.” Sarah answers. “But it sounds good.”

“An interested thought. The question is, who are you trying to get recognized by?”

“Ideally?” He asked. “All of Sadnadia, or at least enough to pressure our neighbors into no longer occupying us. Specifically Gathens at the moment, we have a delegation there now, though we have a few more we’ve been considering next.”

“And all this before your a country? Afmiable”

“Well, during the struggle to become one.” He responds. "We can’t do it alone against two enemies that large. We need support.

“True enough. What do the people think? Will they support your revolution?”

“So far they seem to. At least here.” He said. “And I know from experience that quite a few in Darsa do. The rest of the territory, though, I don’t know yet, though I can only imagine it to be the same. We’ll have to see.”

“So we will. Now I must return to my room at the inn, it would be suspicious if I didn’t return sometime. Good night Hijlab.”

“And a good afternoon to you, too.” He answers.

Aina smiles,
“it’s a sweet meal, so I hope you have a sweet tooth.”

Moenir takes a small paddle boat and rows it out near the Nikidian ship. He looks for an easy way up it that might avoid attention.