Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“je suis”
he replies,
“tu peux m’appeler… Mett. Les rebelles prévoient de se déplacer de l’est à Hurian. Ils partent demain par un passage caché inconnu de moi.Je suis venu dès qu’ils ont été trouvés endormis. J’ai encore besoin d’eux pour me faire confiance.”
He pauses,
“Dites au commandant à Kenasa que j’espère que la rébellion sera bientôt réprimée.”
He turns away saying,
“Je suppose que je peux prendre mon congé?”

Aina watches the oven before stamping out the fire that heated it below. Breakfast was ready now all she needed was to gather everyone.

Balthus nods. “Oui. Vous pouvez prendre votre congé.”

Sarah takes her seat and waits for the others.

Moenir heads off climbing down into the boat and rowing back to Dulhen. He tied the boat back up and headed back, till he saw his father in the streets.

Blud stares into Moenir,
“So you’ve decided.”

Moenir laughs,
“Yes, yes I did.”

Blud puts his hand his cutlass,
“Am I forced to?”

Moenir looks at Blud,
“Sorry dad but I didn’t betray the rebels, not today. I bought us some time telling the nikidians that we are leaving for Hurian today, maybe I should have told them to make acquaintance with the snake as well.”

Blud sighs a sigh of relief and laughs a hearty laugh. He walks over to his boy and hugs him.
“Let’s head back.”

Aina comments,
“If I remember correctly Blud left this morning and should be back soon. I think he said something about going to the docks also I have yet to see Moenir.”

“Thank you Hklaji.” He said

Ryko put away his notes and sat quietly.

Kasie woke up and wandered into the kitchen. “Smells good in here.” She said, rubbing her eyes.

Lillan continued his work outside.

“Sounds good. Thanks again.” Sarah says to her.

The librarian looked back at his papers. “Welcome.”

Haful walked through the library to the appointed section, looking for books on the history of Kenasa.

Aina nods and gets out the meal calling,
“breakfast is ready you four.”

Blud comes walking down the street,
“Don’t you mean us six?”

Moenir was a few steps behind him.

He would see quite a few, but not many dated back further than a few centuries, most starting after the first conquest of the city by Marsada. Three, however, might stand out. All three were very old looking, much more so than any of the others, to the point that the words on the spine were illegible, having been worn away over time.

“Ah, good t’see ya!” Sarah says to the two newcomers.

1 Like

He pulled out all three of them, and carefully carried them to the nearest table, and opened one.

Despite the cover being illegible, he might still be able to make out the titles on the front covers.

One said: “Ancient and Modern Politics of Kena: A Chronology-Translated”

Another read: “La double conquête de Kena”

The third, however, had a title in a language that Haful likely hadn’t seen before, and had likely never heard spoken, either. Few in this time had.
“Polaitìocht Àrsa agus Nua-Aimseartha na Kena: Croineolaìocht”

He decided to open the second book.

Blud smiles,
“I guess we made it in time for breakfast.”

Moenir glances at them,
“I took care of some business, so I think we’ll be good for a bit.”

The book would chronicle the King-Commander Treaty, the only documented time in history when Marsada and Nikidia would be in peace, fighting the same opponent. In this case, it was their neighbor, Kena. It describes Kena as a non-militaristic state, which was inhabited mainly by pursuers of the arts and trade. It details the first forays into the territory by both sides, including the major battles at Leefej and Darsa, and a few minor battles at smaller towns in the former Kenan territory. The end of the book describes the siege on Kenasa, where armies from both sides surrounded the city. At this point, both sides turned on one another outside the city, causing the fight to become a three-sided brawl. In the end, though, Marsada won out against Nikidia in the battle that would happen inside the city, leaving it damaged, but still in relatively good condition, enough to be repaired in the next few years.

“Barely.” Sarah tells them.

Moenir waves his hand,
“You’re mistaken. I went and left a trail of bread crumbs saying that we left for Hurian this morning. It pays off to be a fake spy.”

Blud sits down at the table,
“I assume we’re good on food?”

Aina grabs a large rectangular baking pan full of the baked oatmeal.

She smiles. “Good t’hear, but I meant bein’ 'ere fer breakfast!” She says, before laughing a bit.

Moenir sits down silent, he had the look puzzlement before he realized what she meant and was a tiny bit embarrassed.

Aina served the baked oatmeal, it was harder compared to the glop oatmeal usually was and dry, but it was fluffy to the touch and was easy to cut with a dull spoon. Inside the the baked oatmeal was berries and brown clumps of sugar, like Aina said it was sweet.

He sets the book down, and began to read the first book.

Sarah starts to eat. “Wow, this’s good. Thank ye, ma’am.” She says.

This book, unlike the other, started with a preface:

While the translation of this book was done to the best of my ability, due to the original language of the original being an almost dead language with few living sources to check my work, many points may seem to make little sense or were left entirely untranslated. As such, many points of this history have been practically lost to time. Instead of guessing on or cutting out the pieces that were untranslated, they have been left in, for completion's sake. Even though this book was well translated, keep these points in mind as you read.

Haful continued, undaunted.