Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“Nous devons être en parfait état!” Jacques commands. “La Mademoiselle sera là à tout moment maintenant! Maintenant, encore!”

“Hrm… Lady… again… Hrm… if only could understand more…” He muttered.

The guards would go through their drill again.

In the distance, near the wall, he might see a lady riding a pitch black horse through town, ever so slowly. She was a tall lady, with hair darker than her horse’s coat, and with a slim fitting jacket, pants, and tall boots to match. Her skin, to contrast, was a very pale white, to the point of being almost unnatural looking. Any other details were difficult to make out at such a distance, but she looked very…still, and exuded a cold, intimidating aura.

Haful walk towards her, ducking into an ally before he too close. He then quitly drew his scimitar, preparing for danger.

Closer up, he may see see that the end of her very long hair was burnt.

As he gets closer to her, she stops. She turns towards his alleyway, her bright green eyes piercing into the enclosed space. “And what are you planning?” She asks in a quiet, monotone, cold voice, with a hint of a Nikidian accent.

“I was thinking the Sam of you, feimlijab”

She pulled out her pistol and pointed it at him. “Answer my question, foreigner.” She said in the same tone. “I will not ask again. Pulling a weapon on an officer of my rank usually warrants a punishment worse than death. Keep zat in mind.”

“I was planning nothing authilala. I was merely preparing to defend myself in case you had ill intentions towards the citizens of this city.” He sheaths his sword, then bows. “My apologies Authiala.”

“Only those who break our laws. You are in my land, and don’t forget that.” She said, lowering her pistol. “It is obvious you are not from around here. You get a warning. Do not expect the same grace again.”

“Of course authilala.”

She stays for a moment, keeping a cold eye on Haful, then went along her way, as she had been.

Haful walks away, heading fo the inn.

The innkeep sees him and waves shortly.

He waves back. “Greetings feinlijab.” He says.

“Hello.” She says to him. “Nice out today?” She asks.

“For weather, yes, for people, no.” He says.

“How do you mean?” She asks.

" A strange woman in black, just entered the city, claiming that she is an officer, here to punish the wrongdoers of the city."

The innkeeper’s face went pale. “The Mademoiselle.” She whispered, fear in her eyes. “Just…keep low while she’s here. It’ll be much easier for you that way.”

“May I ask why, Kishala?” He asked asked, concerned.