Custom-Painted Pahrak

Hope y’all like

27 Likes

this is great it really gives a more natural feel to it

1 Like

Thank you!

I like it; the darkening of the Bohrok gives it a more natural look, but I do have to ask; What was your process in the painting of the Bohrok?

2 Likes

I just applied some black weathering on the brown parts,sliver on the black parts and a bit of brown and black on the tan parts

Thanks!

1 Like

This is fantastic. I normally don’t care for painting over pieces, but this makes the Bohrok look really cool and like it’s something I’d actually see leveling Mata-Nui. =3

2 Likes

Thanks c:

1 Like

Love what you did here, it really gives Pahrak more of a gritty and evil prescience.

1 Like

You got your Pahrak dirty :disappointed:

/s

I love the rustic look it has without going too overboard.

Also, why is this categorized as “artwork”?

2 Likes

[quote=“Stoax, post:8, topic:11815, full:true”]
Love what you did here, it really gives Pahrak more of a gritty and evil prescience.
[/quote]Thank you!

[quote=“Rockho, post:9, topic:11815”]
I love the rustic look it has without going too overboard
[/quote]Thanks!

[quote=“Rockho, post:9, topic:11815”]
Also, why is this categorized as “artwork”?
[/quote]It’s painting? It shouldn’t go in Lego creations cuz it’s not a MOC

That is some nice weathering there, mate. I’ve always wanted to try painting a figure.

2 Likes

Thanks @PekekoaOfJungle!

1 Like

Noice, dude.

It looks more like would have left him outside in the mud and rain for a night than an custom paint but…that doesn’t change the fact that he still looks very cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Ghosty Any tips for painting I’m having problems with articulation with my Custom painted Po matoran. so any tips?

Love the grittyness. Though the fogged skull plate is a bit of a shame since you can’t see the Krana all too well.

Try dyeing it. The dye should sink into the ABS and not add on any materail (thus creating friction) like regular paint does.

1 Like

Hmm how would i go about Dyeing plastic? (i’m new to painting this stuff

1 Like

I don’t really know.

Hint: Whenever you’re confronted with an unfamiliar situation that you don’t know how to solve, Google is your best friend.

Well, except for girls. That’s one situation you DEFINITELY don’t want to turn to Google for.

5 Likes

I love the natural feel this guy has :smile:

1 Like

…wow… uh… I’m… just… uh… sorry…

So we’ve got another female BIONICLE fan on here? Sweet! I hope you’ll forgive my mistaking your gender (balance of probability on a forum dedicated to a mainly boys’ toyline, you know?) :smiley:

Edited title -legomaster

4 Likes