Cyber-Hand's Forge

Have you added the updates yet?

I haven’t had time to do so. I have been helping my mother move an old fridge out of her house and a new fridge in. We currently waiting for the staff to bring the new one.

1 Like

oh sorry. you help you’re mom.

All right then. Thanks to Tumbleweed’s advice, I have made the head clip thicker than it was before to help strengthen the piece. I have also made the cheeks smaller so I could make the lower spikes larger, as that was a common request.

For those interested in a version, where the eyes of the mask line up with the heads. I will be making another version for you to purchase.

The updated mask can be purchased from the same place.

3 Likes

You are definitely 100% worthy of that Mask Maker title, and I comend whoever gave it to you

It was Eljay. I made him a this two months ago and he gave me the title when I joined the boards.

3 Likes

Thank you for doing this. I’ll buy one, but I’ll wait for the link to the final update and reviews of the mask in different materials. Is there one already? Thanks!

How do we know for sure we won’t get a real one? I mean, Lego still could…ya never know…

The evidence is in the Makuta Contest video. Those masks were 3d printed and not made by injection mold. This means that Lego don’t have the mold to manufacture the final mask. The Mold pieces lego uses are incredibly expensive to make, so lego would be at a loss if they are unable to sell them. It has been confirmed that we are not getting the Makuta set, so the only way we could get the mask would be in polybag or at a contest. That would mean they make a huge loss from the mask.

1 Like

Is it confirmed they were 3d printed? Maybe a link?

They didn’t say 3D printer but Rapid Prototyping. Which is another name for 3d printer. I will see if I can find the source. I will edit it in when I do.

2 Likes

What do you recommend to order out of the materials, and how do you recommend painting it. One side thing, what do you think Lego did to 3-d print theirs (material,paint etc.)?

I would personally get the High frosted Ultra Detail. It is double the price of standard plastics. But the Quality is much higher. But that is because I can make a mold of the piece and get a stronger resin cast. The material itself is very brittle.
I would recommend that you get the strong and flexible if you don’t want to get the steel ones.

I think they got the steel gold, the texture of the two look similar.

Might have to buy one myself and cast it in metal…

And by might, I will

1 Like

You do metal casting? What kind of metal do you use. I was looking into using pewter. Seemed a good place to start.

1 Like

I’d love to buy this mask, but I don’t know that my parents will let me.
Hopefully they will cause I’d love to get the mask and support you

I got an email saying you already have.
Unless there is another Umarak, I think you are trying to deceive me. You are just waiting for the mask to arrive so you can release Makuta aren’t you.

4 Likes

Well I started forging with aluminum and have tinkered with copper and zinc (that one is dangerous, use a respirator when melting) but recently my forge reached to the temperature of melting stainless steel (after experimenting with some friends and resulted in the destruction of my crucible).

A list of things I have melted (just for the sake of melting cuz I get bored) is…

• Zinc (its everywhere BUT that one is dangerous, use a respirator when melting)
  • Copper (scrapped and stripped electric wires)
  • small amounts of gold (from old computer parts I scrapped from a flea market)
  • Aluminum
  • Brass wires from craft stores

I have never used pewter, but it should be not a problem because of its really low, low, LOW melting temp.

Honestly, you can build a forge at a pretty cheap price. Watch the once viral King Of Random backyard forge. That is an excellent place to start(which is how I started) and should melt pewter like its made of play-dough

keep in mind I’m still a total noob at this, and I am by no means a professional. I’m just some kid with (too much) time on his hands who likes to play with fire

2 Likes

No, I haven’t, unfortunately…

1 Like

11 Likes