Cynhika - Toa of Water

Hey again everyone! This is another old moc of mine. Her name is Cynhika (pronounced Cy-NICK-ka). Basically, I built her because I realized that I didn’t have a Toa of Water moc. Originally, I only intended to build just her, but then around the time that I was building her, we were getting our first official news about the Bionicle reboot, so I was really hyped about Toa teams with dual-function weapons. As such, her and her whole team were kinda inspired by the 2015 Masters in that regard. Her weapon, instead of being dual function, has a play feature in the form of a working zamor sphere launcher. Being that her and her team are… well… a team, I tried to convey that through all of their construction, by giving them similar torso builds, which you guys will see when I post her two teammates. Like I said before, a lot of my old mocs use inika limbs/torsos and she’s no exception, so sorry about that guys, I promise my new mocs will be entirely custom!

Story wise (full storyline here: My Bionicle Storyline), she’s one of the Toa that first appears during the second part of the first arc. Her and her team have been harassing the To-Kuta occupying New Atero by using cheap tactics like hit-and-run and outnumbering their enemies.

I built a revamp of her not too long ago which is supposed to represent how she looks like at the end of the first arc and throughout the second and third arcs. I’m gonna post that revamp once I get through posting all of my old mocs

Bio coming soon!

24 Likes

That looks pretty cool! Something feels a bit off about the proportions, though. Again, looks pretty cool!

I love the weapon! The colors look great!

@Jormad Thanks for the compliments! Admittedly the arms are a little long, but shorter arm pieces were a little too bulky for her and around the time I built her I didn’t really care for making custom limbs so that’s what we’re left with haha. I promise you her revamp is a little more proportionate though. I’m gonna post the revamp after I’m done posting all my old mocs but if you can’t wait you can check out my youtube channel! (TheDaedalus07)
@KingOfCatfish Thank you! I liked the weapon too, and I hope that you’ll be glad to hear that I didn’t really change the weapon for her revamp… To be honest, I felt like she just had one too many shades of blue on her, which is why I didn’t include the light blue on her revamp. I’m gonna post the revamp after I’m done posting all my old mocs but if you can’t wait you can check out my youtube channel! (TheDaedalus07)

1 Like

All the blues don’t look very nice together. Could use a secondary color as well as an accent. Arms are also rather long and the textures clash in places.

@Saxton Definitely agree with you on all of that. For her revamp I took out all the different shades of blue so that she mostly only has metru blue now with white being her secondary colour and trans / glow-in-the-dark blue being her accent colour. The arms are still a stud or two too long on the revamp but it definitely looks better than the original version. Not sure what I can do about textures though, since all the pieces have their own textures and stuff

1 Like

The red pins on the knees bug me :stuck_out_tongue:

@Leoxander Sorry about that :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully, it’ll please you to know that she doesn’t have those red axles any more… because that version of this character is no longer assembled :smiley: . Personally, I always found the blue pins and red axles to be kinda appealing. Like in-universe, all Bionicles are biomechanical, and sometimes they’re built by someone else. And the red axles and blue pins kinda conveys the idea that although each bionicle is their own individual character, they still came from the same box of parts yknow? Still breaks colour scheme though :confused: