Dark Hunter Triglax Combo Model

So surprisingly Roodaka and Sidorak never got a combo model in G1. Seeing this I decide to combine them.

And since all the other 05 titan combos were dark hunters, decided to make this moc a dark hunter too. Don’t have a name though. (edit: I do this is Triglax now)

And lastly a height comparison with the two.

25 Likes

Very nice moc, I like the torso design.

2 Likes

his head kinda looks lika a squid head.
maybe call him “squid”?

1 Like

The design’s actually based on the flatwoods monster.

But Flatwood kinda sounds dumb as a dark hunter name.

5 Likes

Oh yeah. There’s only the shadowed one(roodaka and keetongu) and sentarakh(sidorak and keetongu)

1 Like

And Voporak (all three).

1 Like

I was just about to comment a out how unsettling this thing is and I do t know why. Now I do lol the fact that you based it on a criptid makes it that much cooler. The head is very freaky and the long clawed arms.
I hate it and yet I love it, super awesome job and very smart design.

2 Likes

Sometimes when thinking of a name I do a Māori translation for inspiration.
Flat wood in Māori is “rakau papatahi”

Could make a name like: Rakutah, Rakapat, Ratuhi, etc etc

3 Likes

why is my name so similar to these

3 Likes

Because of the translation in Maori from wood to rakua

2 Likes

Maybe you’re a dark hunter? lol

4 Likes

Expose him! It makes sense now

4 Likes

Oh great, now I’m gonna have to tell the Shadowed One that my cover has been blown…
So much for taking over the boards…

4 Likes

the shadowed one will most likely spare your life, but not your arms and legs.

4 Likes

I have to get out of here.
Uh oh, he’s on to me–gets blasted with laser beams

1 Like

If we’re concerned with a codename, I’ve noticed that most of the canon Dark Hunters had codenames that were in some way inspired by their roles in the organization(Eliminator), their abilities(mimic), or their motivations(Vengeance). So if we want a decent code name for the guy, it would probably be advisable to come up with some backstory and ability for him.
Though personally I’m in favor of one of the names @Takutanuva came up with to be his true, not identity hiding name.
With that in mind, I wonder why some characters which were members of the organization never received codenames. Perhaps they just rejected having one?

4 Likes

I found that the ones who received codenames tended to be more… ‘broken’ individuals that Shadowed One molded to his needs more. The hunters who retained their names were more individualistic in their nature a lot of the time (and also had more story significance usually as prior characters)

2 Likes

Wow. That’s awesome.

I’ve had a similar idea for a MOC combiner of Roodaka and Sidorak but it would be the natural basic form of Triglax. We never officially saw him in the story except for the brief mention in Time Trap.

So this for me is Triglax.

3 Likes

Finally someone has done this combo model, thank you so much this looks great!

1 Like