Dark Hunter: Mangle (My self moc)

Backstory
Mangle is the first Dark Hunter recruited into the order that originated from the former moon of Bota Manga.
The Shadowed One sent two unimportant Skakdi to investigate reports of a large feral beast that had been battling other large predators in an area of jungle, presumably for territory. Upon their arrival the Skakdi were shocked to find the colossal being to be sentient and capable of carrying conversation fluently and with ease. Upon receiving proposition to join the Dark Hunters, Mangle agreed should he be defeated in combat by the organizations leader. After submitting his terms he then proceeded to shred one of the Skakdi to pieces and quickly devour him, ordering the other to return to his leader.

The Shadowed One was intrigued by this being and agreed to investigate himself. Upon meeting Mangle he was immediately impressed with the stature and brawn coupled with the intelligence of this being. Still in need of a proper replacement for Ancient, he decided this new being might be able to suffice. The Shadowed One immediately saw the opportunity of recruiting a being content with combat and agreed to the duel.

A battle ensued in which Mangle quickly physically dominated The Shadowed One with his brute strength, forcing a blast of disintegration beam from the renowned leader. Much to the shock of the Shadowed One, Mangle did not perish from the beams. Mangle was equally shocked to have his entire body become overwhelmed with the sensation of nearly having his atoms rip themselves apart. When inquired as to how he was able to endure such a thing, Mangle stated he suspected it had to do with the mutations members of his species subjected themselves to in order to survive combat with the beasts native to Bota Magna.
They were both however, on the receiving end of the worst pain that either could recall having experienced in a great deal of time. Impressed by this being’s power, Mangle submitted his fealty to the new being - as long as he be provided with good fights and food.

About
I made a little backstory in my head as I was creating this MOC but truly it wasn’t intended for the purpose of the story. I mostly wanted to make a big, green, digitigrade Titan that looks as it’d come from Bota Magna.

Influence
My influences in design were Grimlock from Tranformers and Marvel’s Abomination.
In build he has obvious attributes from Titan Takanuva in the body and Titan Mata Nui in the thighs.

Notable designs (to me, anyways)

Custom arms

Custom legs

Kopaka Scale

EDIT
There were a couple of aspects on the MOC that I didn’t like/felt like editing. (Of course the ideas to correct my distastes occurred after the original post)
I mostly changed internal aspects of the torso and thighs to promote further stability. I also slightly modified the upper chest, back, and gave him w lower jaw. They’re all very subtle, but to me they make it feel more solid.

50 Likes

If I had to choose any single Dark Hunter moc to be made cannon, I would choose this one. Nice work!

5 Likes

Thank you! From a fellow Dark Hunter enthusiast to another

4 Likes

I like the lore and the moc is great!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks great. I’ve gotta ask, how stable is that foot/lower leg design?

2 Likes

As long as your parts have adequate friction and no broken sockets its very stable!
I tried to capture that in the poses but I was very pleased with just how stable it was

2 Likes

Nice build! I like how tall and possible it is.

2 Likes

Great build, this definitely would easily fit into canon both the build and backstory 10/19 fantastic moc

2 Likes

Very Nice design and backstory! :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

@Barafu
@Eilrach
@Bukkey
Thank you!

4 Likes

Okay
NGL he really creeps me out a lot
Also I like what you did with the silver krekka heads
Amazing/10

1 Like

Thanks man! I’ve tweaked him again since, perhaps I’ll post some of the pics soon

1 Like

that’s cool! very spiky. the lore is also nice.

1 Like