Dark Hunter Prototype instructions

Edit: Link to updated instructions:
https://www.deviantart.com/tarkur/art/Prototype-Instructions-Updated-and-more-accurate-868474517?ga_submit_new=10%3A1611783858&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1

So recently I’ve been building a bunch of the contest models in stud.io and today I’ve got something cool to share with you all. Been recreating the model of Prototype and have been able to create instructions for the model as well. To note there is another Prototype instruction by the user Haebels on Deviantart but its build conflicts a bit with the model in the Dark Hunter book so I think I’ve been able to get mine a bit more accurate in terms of the build, It’s not 100% accurate but a solid 85-90% accurate is this model.

Render: (note: Hordika Whenuas mask isn’t available in stud.io)

Original photo:

Link to the model:
https://www.deviantart.com/tarkur/art/Bionicle-Dark-Hunter-Prototype-instructions-866401841

//Tarkur

18 Likes

these will be usefull.

1 Like

Try comparing it to Haebels instructions to see if there’s anything for you to refine. If you end up with a more accurate build than theirs, it would be cool if you could contribute them to this thread for the instructions of all the canon Dark Hunters. I enjoy to see reviews on these guys by channels like DuckBricks, your work goes a long way!

1 Like

I did that as I made it, I found Haebels instructions first and the original picture from the book, then I started building it in stud io.

The most notable inaccuracies of Haebels design are how the feet are connected, the way the kakama is mounted and the brestplate.

Even so I can’t say for sure that mine are correct but they are more correct than haebels based on parts ussage and so on. For the brestplate Haebled used 3 each of the axel connector pieces in grey for the 2 mount it meanwhile the picture shows only 2 of each white connectors from the manas. Something my model has adapted, Also there are some t axel connectors on his leg with it’s end downwards while Haebels uses them to connect the claws.
There are also red 2 long halh liftarms from makuta behind his neck which I’ve incorporated in my design.

I have also gone over my design once more and I noticed on the picture that his tail isn’t centered with the rahkshi torso indicating its poseable to some degree. So I changed that by removing this piece from that assembly retroactively:
part32291

Also my foot design might be a bit unstable as it’s a bit wanky it however looks more accurate than the design by Haebles. However Haebles might have gotten the roboriders head connected to his feet more accurately.

That’s about all I’ve got in terms of comparing them design wise.
//Tarkur

1 Like