Dark Mirror or The Kingdom: Which Storyline Do You Prefer?

Out of the two parallel universes that Takanuva visited in the BIONICLE G1 canon, which storyline do you prefer?

2 Likes

What do you mean by “stands on top of the other”?

In other words, which one is better than the other.

1 Like

Well, this question could be asked in two ways.

Like, which one you’d enjoy or prefer living in, or which one you think has better story potential or the like.

The Kingdom would be the better universe to live in, but I think that both have equally good story potential.

With The Kingdom, you have the opportunity for space stories, and etc. With Dark Mirror, it’s cool to see what happens to characters in this oppressive place, and much more for both.

5 Likes

Ah, I see.

I’m partial to stories with a legitimate conflict, so I’d go with Dark Mirror.

1 Like

Dark Mirror. I’d love to see what happened after that story

4 Likes

Such a hard decision. I’m more inclined to say that The Kingdom is my favorite of the two. It has opportunity for something like : “One thing was changed, everything is affected!”, and I love those types of stories.

4 Likes

The kingdom, I have to agree with Nyran on this one.

EDIT: Not that I don’t agree with him all the time.

I personally liked the Kingdom, it to me, felt more “parallel” if you know what I mean. :blush:

2 Likes

kingdom
I just imagine matoro with a unshaved beard eating ice cream while cri erytim

8 Likes

The Kingdom. When I was younger in 01 and 02, I liked to imagine that the Toa would become the rulers of the Bionicle universe.

1 Like

the kingdom was one of my favorite of all bionicle stories

I love alternate universe stories in general, since I like knowing about the “what could have beens” and such. I always found that fascinating.
Now, in terms of a story on its own, I think “The Kingdom” is better. While it is shorter, it still manages to move at a good pace, develop the characters, and create a unique and interesting story. And it answers a question some might have: What would have happened had Matoro failed? And that answer is, “Help create a much better universe, actually.” Seriously, let’s compare. In the normal BIONICLE timeline, Makuta takes over the universe, is beaten in the biggest game of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots ever played, and Spherus Magna was made whole once more. However, many died in the fight, the Shadowed One survived and is creating an army from the dregs of this new world, and there’s most likely going to be civil war among the Great Beings (well, there would be if the story had continued).
Compare this to the Kingdom. Yes, many beings did die, but the Dark Hunters are a force for good, the Skakdi, Vortixx, and Visorak are good, and only one Makuta exists until he died. Granted, the Kingdom couldn’t last, at least there are plans in place for what will happen when it falls apart.
Now, as for “Dark Mirror,” this story isn’t as good as “The Kingdom,” mostly because I feel like it rushes a bit. If the chapters were longer, and we got some more development, and the final fight against Tuyet didn’t come out of nowhere, it would’ve been better. It’s still a good story with some interesting ideas. It’s the like Mirror Universe from Star Trek, but with BIONICLE. And it also shows another “what could have been.”
Whereas “The Kingdom” showed a pretty good universe, this one is more dictatorial, but it does have good points to it. The Makuta and Dark Hunters aren’t much of a threat, and the Matoran are safe…sort of. Yeah, I honestly think the story would be better if the Toa weren’t evil to everyone. They’re supposed to protect the Matoran, and if they were while being harsh on everything else, that would’ve made for an interesting moral dilemma: yes, Makuta and Dark Hunters are being killed and the Toa Code is being broken, but is it worth it for the greater good? The Matoran are what’s important, and they’re protected.
But whatever. Anyway, the biggest threats from the main universe aren’t threats anymore. However, Tuyet was killed and we don’t know what happens from there. Probably a war to decide who should rule. While it was flawed, I do think “Dark Mirror” was an interesting story, and I would like to return to that universe and see what happened. “The Kingdom” I’m also somewhat curious about, but not to the extent of “Dark Mirror.”
So, in terms of stand alone stories, I think “The Kingdom” is better. In terms of a possible expanded universe and sequels, I think “Dark Mirror” is better.

2 Likes

I loved dark mirror and what happened simply because Nidhiki turned earlier. Also it is cool to see how Anyone will be willing to team up to defeat a common enemy, also it was the first bionicle story do feature mass death and it killed off four out of six of the mata. (Onua and Pohatu survived)

1 Like

Whoever made this is a terrible person; why did you make such a non-specific topic? You should just get off the Boards and never come back.

bruh it;s just an opinion topic

1 Like

I made this topic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

total derpage

1 Like

As far as what actually happens when Takanuva is there, Dark Mirror. But as far as speculating what happens to each dimension after Takanuva’s departure is fun to think about. The Toa Empire could’ve been easily demolished after Tuyet’s death, or someone else woulda taken the reigns and it would continue to be a stalemate, either war, the Toa Civil War would totally go on for a while if it didn’t end at the Coliseum. in the Kingdom, however, they’re pretty much living in a world that could literally fall apart at any moment, but other than that not too much will happen now that Teridax is dead, what is really interesting to think about is what shall become of Bara Magna, since Mata Nui won’t arrive to help the Glatorian fight the Skall. I would still say Dark Mirror is my personal favorite, since it’s overall story is darker.

I read a story on BZP once where Orde took over after Tuyet died.

Things went from bad to worse after that.

BBBB55

1 Like