Define your MOCing style

Inconsistant, but mainly with armor ontegrated onto the builds and a somewhat of a technical aspect combined with shaping that of a smooth aerodynamic moc. In other cases, just beefy limbs and V shaped bodies.

1 Like

Uh
All the greebles
and technic
and CCBS if I don’t want to make limbs
like this:
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/8/e/8e624687d3ac50326d81a3914a0675de5f206c8c.JPG
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/2/8/28c5a1b0bfeab37e8afbc3a56c78036016dd689f.png

1 Like

this
what is that

1 Like

The Kraahkan from Ultimate Dume?

y?

1 Like

It looked different and I thought it was gunmetal.

1 Like

I tend to make unorthodox CCBS builds (Like this)

With technic for structure and greebling. I don’t really use G1 pieces.

7 Likes

He says, demonstrating a MOC with a G1 face, feet, weapons, teeth, and legs.

3 Likes

Does this thing actually bite?

3 Likes

All of my MOCs are Skinny and Spindly… Nuff Said.

1 Like

Generally Toa-sized mocs, comprised of a heavy mix of G1 Bionicle parts and CCBS, with custom bodies being a must, and custom limbs being less of a priority. Greebles of notable quantity are also a rarity.

Nah. I aint good enough for that.

@Paradox Welllllllll…I suppose you’re right, but notice that those pieces are all used in basic ways, and for purely aesthetic reasons.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

This
i definitely agree with.

BTW
@The_Lego_Box Don’t double post pls

putting together spare parts when the need arises

Some kind of crazy mix of Star Wars/WoW/Anime
Mix of Technic and G1/G2 bones
Above average amounts greebling
Amazen raisin weapons

7 Likes

I would say CCBS with style! lol but I have started going into more technic so yah!

I’d say I try to compact as many parts as I can into a MOC, while keeping it smooth, which usually means using a lot of CCBS shells, and working from the outside in - filling it up. When I start working on a MOC, I’ll either try to first block out the form, or build around a certain aesthetic.

Here’s a couple of my MOCs from the last few years

11 Likes

My MOCing Style Personally, It’s More Of A Use CCBS But Make It More Detailed.

1 Like

Oh shoot you made Matoro for the BBC contest?
(+100 respect points)

6 Likes

I’m kinda out there. I use a bit of technic, a bit of CCBS, a bit of Bonkle on occasion…and my building style is also midget. Practically none of my normal scaled MOCs are as tall as an Inikabuild.

(I can post a size comparison if anybody wants.)

2 Likes

Keep it simple and sturdy. Usually I go for body type templates and match my characters to those. There’s small, medium, and large.
Small has, you guessed it, a smaller size and armoring to compensate for their size. They’re usually the fastest in my cast of characters.
Medium has a similar set of proportions to large body types, but are just 2-3 modules shorter than larger characters. They have a bulkier appearance than small body types and have larger armor plates.
Large has more bulk and less gaps. I usually make the limbs so that the character looks more “muscular” than other characters. I also tend to fill in more gaps on larger body types.

Also, when I differentiate between who the heroes and villains are, I either use colors or textures (or both at times). Brighter colors and smooth textures usually means hero, while darker colors and jagged textures means villain.

2 Likes