Delusions of Grandeur - The Reboot

http://oldhatcreative.com/sites/default/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=GC0cDPZt

#DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

The end of the Galactic Empire is at hand. After the fierce Battle of Jakku, the Empire approaches a time of despair as The New Republic forms from the ashes of the Battle of Endor.

However, the Empire won’t quit yet. Factions of Imperial Moffs swear to keep the Galactic Empire running in factions. Grand Moff Jocal Whittal, a former general who operated during the capture of Han Solo at the planet of Bespin, has recently acquired Cloud City and formed it into an Imperial base, filled with bounty hunters and criminals rampaging in the streets.

General Lando Calrissian, however, has different plans. The former chief of Cloud City wishes to reclaim his former home, and has sent a battalion of Rebel Troops to coup and recapture the city.

A dark fate awaits the Empire and the Rebels as they find themselves with delusions of grandeur…

Players:

1. @Chronicler
  2. @General_Hutani
  3. @Ace
  4. @Joe
  5. @BearerOfBricks
  6. @Plural
  7. @Komrad
  8. @EvilLobsterKing
  9. @Winterstorm345
  10. @LurkingEhlek
  11. @HewkiiDaKohliiHead
  12. @Kahuk
  13. @Mrblackpants

You will all begin in Cloud City. Remember the rules, and have fun.

#Starting spots

Imperials: Begin in a courtyard on the eastern part of Cloud City. The Imperial faction is currently unaware of the Rebels entering the city, so if the Rebels want an advantage, try to make sure you’re as quiet as possible.

Rebels: You guys start at a docking bay on the western part of Cloud City. The Rebels are currently in a bad spot, as the Empire controls the city and enforces the laws. Imperials, you can use this to your advantage.

Bounty Hunters: You can be anywhere you want. You start out neutral, unless you guys want to side with a faction. Also, remember the rules!

Everyone else: You can be anywhere. Just remember, since your not in a faction, you can get on either’s bad side.

#Locations
Eastern Side: Contains a bar, a courtyard, gas mining, droid shop, weapons shop, an Imperial hideout where weapons are stored, and other miscellaneous things.

Western Side: Contains docking bays, droid shops, a bar, an Imperial station, and other miscellaneous things.

#Goal: Destroy the opposing side!

And begin! (Remember, the rules are found in the sign-up topic)

http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/delusions-of-grandeur-the-reboot-rp-sign-up/30145

2 Likes

I hide behind a crate.

2 Likes

The bar in the western side of Cloud city was abuzz, laughter, drinking, and the occasional fight. A weary looking Weequay sat at the bar, staring into the bottom of glass. It had been a long day.

J’oe stared out the window of his small craft, just entering Bespin’s atmosphere on a smuggling run to Cloud City.

A shady looking human looked around the public docking bay with anxious eyes.

Jocal Whittal, standing in his recently acquired courtyard, sips some Courescantian ale out of a wine glass. It was absolutely beautiful. The city in the clouds, an Imperial victory. All the rebels had been booted out. Now, the Empire could produce supplies, make shipments, and gain money to afford more weapons and vehicles.

“Isn’t it extravagant?” Jocal Whittal asked his Imperial Guards. Ever since the death of Sheev Palpatine, the Imperial Guards got recommissioned to serve Grand Moffs such as Jocal Whittal. “Just think, I could be like Grand Admiral Thrawn, or the great General Veers. This was the military victory the Empire needed after that crucial mistake at Jakku.”

The guard simply grunted at Jocal.

“I asked you a question. You have every permission to talk, my good man.”

“You seem rather prideful sir.”

“Of course I am. I landed this amazing Cash Shaak all by myself. I have every reason to be proud.”

“And yet it’s still running amok with Bounty Hunters and Smugglers. You created a elegant city into the equivalent of Mos Eisely.”

Jocal frowned. “None of these men have broken any laws according to my troops. Besides, now with the rebels gone, we could use some of these men to occupy my city.”

1 Like

The empire is crumbling at this moment, and last time I had been in one place for more than 6 months was before the first superweapon got blown up, now its been moving from place to place, so tiring, but well I am just obeying orders” Thought a stormtrooper guarding one of the courtyard entrances

J’oe walked down a small path to the exit as inspectors found nothing but clothing aboard his cargo.

Do’Onei had a fun time tripping over boxes in the same spaceport.

Cirano Frey stroked his beard while look out the window to the orange clouds in the distance.

“Hmm…,” he said to himself. “To think we are here, in an old mining outpost instead of amid massive star destroyer fleets. I miss the old days of blasting clankers on Malastare or Ryloth. Those were real battles, not this hopeless marader clean up.”

He stepped forward, into an elevator shaft that led to Grand Moff Whittal’s office. Frey was ready to show the power still in the Empire.

1 Like

A mysterious, cloaked figure behind a wall inspects the area. Then, with an almost Jedi-like speed, they rush into an empty armory, and inspect the boxes. One that says CHEMICALS catches the attention of the figure. It puts it’s slim hands on the box, and then scoots it out of the armory.

“I don’t know what’s in here, but I can make it work!” the cloaked figure said to themselves.

1 Like

The weequay signalled to the bartender. His glass was filled and he took a deep gulp.

Jocal Whittal notices the elevator behind him opening.

“Quiet, guards. You have no more permission to speak!”

Jocal Whittal turns around and approaches General Frey.

J’oe exited the spaceport with a small bag of 1000 credits concealed next to his blaster. He kicks aside a small can as he walks down a wide path.

The cloaked figure removes her robes inside of her frieghter on the west side of the city. She cracks open the crate of chemicals. She sighs.

“Should have expected the Empire to be hoarding weak stuff,” she mutters. Bxa carefully picks up a beaker filled with a clear liquid. “I’ll just have to make do, however.”

She tightens her mask on her face, and takes the chemicals into a lab she assembled onto her ship. She starts to develop different potions. One manages to explode as she shakes it up, holding it with tongs.

“Good thing those tongs weren’t my good pair.”

Tarev calls the grand moff via comlink

The Grand Moff looks at the call.

“Too many people wanting me at once.”

He hangs up.

Slamming his glass into the bar, the weequay signalled to the bartender again. His glass was filled, and he let out a grunt. The cycle repeats.

1 Like

Tarev-“hm… maybe I shall pay him a visit instead, GUARDS, come with me”

Frey straightened up and look at Whittal.
“Grand Moff, if this is not the right time I shall leave. But, sir, If you wish to give me an order I will be out of your hair for a lot longer.”

Onei went through the cargo on his own in J’oe’s absence. After finding a set of smuggled thermal detonators, he runs towards the Eastern side.

The Grand Moff didn’t even look at the much-older Frey.

“No no, stay. I need company for my celebration of this recent victory. My guards aren’t the best company.”

The red-clad Imperial Guards stand motionless.