Did Anyone Else Like Hero Factory?

Yes. I loved it. I was too young for the early Bionicle so I always preferred hf

1 Like

Story wise, Hero Factory could have worked. If LEGO had been smart they could have even pulled the ā€œchange to a new hero teamā€ like Bionicle did in some of itā€™s waves in order to show us different characters and the villains they have to combat. Like one team takes on mostly normal city villains, another team takes on hazardous villains and so on. Then the Break Out wave could have worked as a big event with the different teams having to work together in order to capture all of the different villains, both old and new.

Hero Factory is one of the best themes of all time. When I first got into LEGO in 2010, Bionicle just ended, so I had no interest in it. But, Hero Factory was just starting. I loved the first wave, and I also though the Story was good. At the time, Hero Factory was my favourite theme.
Here arw my thoughts on all waves:

Rise of the Rookies: it was great, still used the old Bionicle parts, the story was good, the sets were fantastic.

Ordeal of Fire: Introduced CCBS, which will change forever how constraction sets are made. I also enjoyed it as much as the first one. Good story, powerfull heroes, Strong Villians, great sets.

Savage Planet: in many ways the sets was similar to Ordeal of Fire, just in a jungle environment. The story was better then the one from Ordeal of Fire, so thatā€™s a pro. But I liked them as much as the prievous wave.

Breakout: The best of Hero Factory. The story was the best one in the entire theme, the sets were bigger, and better. The only thing I didnā€™t like is that it removed canisters, and introduced that odd bags. But overall, Breakout was the best wave from the entire theme.

Brain Attack: While the sets were not as good as other waves in my opinion, the story was still interesting. I didnā€™t get any sets from this wave, for this reason. Still a good wave though, just not as good as the others.

Invasion from Below: The story was bad, and that is what probably ruined it. But the sets were actually pretty good. (Better then Brain Attack in my opinion). And this new concept of the Heroes being minifigure sized also was pretty cool. I got plenty of sets from this wave. It was good, just the story was bad.

Final thoughs: while inferior to Bionicle, Hero Factory was definitely something that should be remembered. I still have the Canisters from the first three waves, which I use to storage pieces. I think Hero Factory is a little bit underrated. The story was still good, and more accessible then Bionicle, which was mostly told trough books. Hero Factory is a theme that I will always remeber, no matter what people say. That is all I had to say.

My brother and I both were really into it when it was around

It brought us brain attack evo so its great.

1 Like

I bought almost the entirety of the Brain Attack wave (one only ones I am still missing are Rocka, Scarox, and Jet Rocka) and I donā€™t regret it in the slightest. Very solid wave of sets.

Iā€™ve got all three of the ones you listed :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m missing Dragon Bolt, Breez and Stormer, though. Iā€™d say definitely get Jet Rocka if you can. The functions on there are really good.

1 Like

Dragon Bolt is probably my favorite set of the entire wave, I love the design, function and all the exclusive parts it has. You should definitely pick it up if you ever get the chance.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the exact same thing to you about Jet Rocka. I liked it enough that I bought two.

1 Like

I enjoyed it! :+1:

1 Like

I do not own any HF sets, and I know next to nothing about the lore aside from some of the basic characters (Furno, Stormer, Breez, etc) , but I do have to admit Hero Factory came out with some amazing set designs utilizing both the Bionicle system and CCBS alike.

2 Likes

You probably should get a few, they go for pretty cheap online.

I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasnā€™t as good as Bionicle (story-wise) but it wasnā€™t without redeeming qualities. Iā€™d say the story was still better than G2 of Bionicle by a significant margin.

Sets were a mixed bag - some were pretty good, others were really cookie-cutter. I do have a fair few.

2 Likes

The concept of HF is interesting and it leaves a lot of theme exploration (i.e. Heroes being factory-made can bring up the theme of what heroism really is)

The execution? Was lacklustering af. Just absolutely lacking.
The sets? Some where okay, some where gods-awful, some where amazing
The MOCing potential? Very great, I have rewamped/MOCed all 9 of HF main Hero team, Alpha-1
The Lore? Uhmā€¦ it isā€¦ okay, I guess?
The TV show? Fine, somewhat cringy for my liking (that scene in Breakout where an office was locked by a simple puzzle of Hero Factory logo).

3 Likes