Disney and Comcast Competition for 21st Century Fox Merger

So this is actually happening? Really? I thought it is a joke or something…
Now for the X-Men… I don’t thing we will get full new movies for comics like Apocalypse or Logan. So there are two possibilities. One, we wont get them. Two we will get them but in the far future.
And also, I think I know how the X-Men will appear in MCU. In Phase 4 we would have a solo movie where Scarlet Which (because she is a mutant and the daughter of Magneto) would discover the X Mansion and meet the mutants, who would tell her their story. They would be a society that hides by the normal people.
We would also see Quicksilver revived because… Yes.

The problem with this is… Magneto would be kind of dead. They’ve already said both parents were killed in Age of Ultron

1 Like

Except that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren’t even related to Magneto anymore… nor are they Mutants at all, for that matter. They haven’t been either since 2014.
Their abilities in the comics were retconned into the results of experiments performed on them as children by the High Evolutionary, which was then replaced by Hydra for the MCU. So the only individual out of the Master of Magnetism’s “three” supposed kids that’s actually biologically related to him is Polaris.

I think we’re forgetting something important here; Disney also now owns the Alien franchise.
The xenomorphs are presumably all female and born from the queen’s eggs.
Which makes them all princesses.

honestly the fan art is going to be both horrifying and adorable

4 Likes

I like aliens.

1 Like

The only question is: when? I really don’t want to wait 4 years for it.

You may have to wait that long for actual solo movies. They could show up in other characters movies though.

1 Like

What’s that one company from Wall-E that owns everything?

Yeah.

4 Likes

Buy’n’Large, if I remember correctly. Not quite an anagram of Disney… they’ve covered their tracks well.

1 Like

WALL-E IS MY FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE (excluding anything Star Wars, Marvel, or Pirates)

1 Like

Can’t wait to fight the Xenomorph Queen in the Ice Age world while using Homer as a summon in Kingdom Hearts 4.

2 Likes

Not technically related to Disney here, but a friend and I once pondered how cool it would be if one of the future KH games had a world centered around Fullmetal Alchemist, since Square Enix used to publish games based on that franchise at the time as well.

1 Like

perks up

Did someone say Fullmetal Alchemist!?

Never played kingdom hearts nor do I care to, but I’d be down.

1 Like

I think Square Enix also produced the anime as well, so that’s there…

“This will make a fine addition to my collection”

5 Likes

Wait… so Disney by 20th Century Fox as a whole, or Fox will still be independent?

(From what I know) Disney are only buying the Entertainment assets (Film and TV shows, maybe a few other things), Fox will still be keeping Sport and News.

1 Like

So basically, the chances of us actually seeing Molly kick Wolverine’s butt over in The Runaways just skyrocketed.
Yay.

1 Like

I was just reading Silver Surfer Vol 8 Issue 1: Homecoming and I kinda like it. Now that Disney have the right for the Surfer we could see a movie with him and Moondragon!

The kickbutt battles between X-Men and Avengers tho