So to start of with… As Ghid pointed out, Axonn and Hydraxon are not made by Mata Nui by process of elimination. However, that all others are is an assumption as far as I’ve been able to tell.
However, even if they were made by Mata Nui:
Chat with Greg Farshtey | Page 646
3) How many MU species were created prior to Mata Nui’s departure of Spherus Magna? Would the Great Beings have known about Skakdi, Vortixx, Makuta, etc.?
3) Those that weren’t created were programmed into MN, so he could create them. The exception was Rahi, where the Makuta had the freedom to create what they felt was needed to some extent.
Sidorak and Krekka are confirmed to be of species, and not be of the same species, through the BIONICLE World and the Encyclopedia books.
As for some other confirmed cases of being part of species:
Official Greg Discussion | Page 235
5. Are there others of Brutaka’s species and Axonn’s species out in the universe? And do these beings have the same level of power as Axonn and Brutaka?
5) Yes and probably not
Official Greg Dialogue | Page 4
2. Hydraxon is a member of a species, not a unique being, correct?
Confirmed cases of not being the same species:
Official Greg Discussion | Page 249
7. Is Hydraxon from a seperate species than Axonn or Brutaka?
Official Greg Dialogue | Page 172
- Hydraxon is tall, black and silver, and very skilled and knowledgeable with weapons. These are all characteristics of most Vortixx. So, is he a Vortixx?
Official Greg Discussion | Page 148
3) Is Botar the same species as Axonn and Brutaka?
3) No, nor are Axonn and Brutaka from the same species.
And, for what it’s worth…
Official Greg Dialogue | Page 5
3 Can Krekka’s species come in different colors?
There’s definitely more you can find if you look for it.
As for BS01, them being listed seperately doesn’t mean they can’t be of the same species, but they have to be assumed seperate unless specified otherwise. We can’t go listing two as the same species just because it’s a possibility. As for listing confirmed cases of them not being of the same species on BS01, you can list an inifinite number of negatives. It’s really not worth anyone’s time.
From past Greg answers, we know next to nothing about the details of the origins or purposes of these species.