Do People Not Like Reading Books Anymore?

Personally no
The last book I’ve read was 2-ish years ago for a school assignment

oof

It hasn’t been that long for me but the last physical book I’ve read was I think the sword art manga.

I like reading and I like writing (though I wish I was better at the latter) too bad I like the genre of sci-fi (thus the reason why I like Bionicle) it’s ‘too bad’ because I find that most modern sci-fi makes me die in the inside which means it kinda hard to find descent sci-fi books, probably the last series I really enjoyed was mortal engine’s

3 Likes

Amen brother. I’m a big fan of the “Planetary Romance” subgenre (by romance I mean like the romantic period, not a love story), but it’s more or less died at the hands of the new-age nihilism and dystopias that dominate modern sci-fi.

2 Likes

Fahrenheit 451 and DUNE are my two favorite sci-fi books, the former being one of my favorite books of all time. They can both be a bit meaty at times but you should give them a shot, if you haven’t already. Fahrenheit 451 is definitely in the dystopian utopia side of things, but DUNE is really a great book, from the worldbuilding to the in-world politics to the IRL political statements. Additionally, it has sequels that I have not read, although I’ve heard they’re not nearly as good.

And of course, if you want something a little less heavy there’s quite a few good Star Wars books out there, both standalones and series. Annihilation (Karpyshyn) is a quick read that’s good if you want an SW fix, and (although I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t read either yet) I’ve heard good things about both the Legends and Canon Thrawn series’.

1 Like

I bought a book for the first time in over a year last night.

3 Likes

my condolences

what book

4 Likes

I don’t really read books (well… except comics but I’m talking about “normal” books) I just don’t have the attention spam to read enough and before I get to an interesting part I,m already doing something else because I lost interest. (almost) The only stories I finish are short stories, short fan fictions and stuff like that. If I like the story a lot I sometimes finish a book and there are some series that I’ve almost read all the way through (the book shop didn’t have the last three books, guess that only few people liked the series).

2 Likes

I’m so sorry.

5 Likes

At this point the only reason I like sword art is for one obvious reason I can’t say here. I’ll just be curious how that progressive movie turns out and hopefully fixes stuff

1 Like

Book on music business/industry politics. Well, it covers a bunch of music related stuff, but I bought it to educate myself on the stuff that isn’t actually making music.

2 Likes

I went to the library today and got a book.

1 Like

the main reason I don’t read books anymore is all the books I’m interested in, have really tiny writing and I’m too blind to read that small :stuck_out_tongue:

that, and I usually get caught up with other stuff. I have been reading some books on ethics and some manga that I got recently, though.

3 Likes

r e a d i n g g l a s s e s

1 Like

I have glasses

1 Like

ah

well

can’t help you there.

1 Like

I’ve read all the BIONICLE Novels (sans RoSS and MoL) tons of times yet I’m still not bored of them…

3 Likes

Well I bought my first book in years; sword ar… I mean ready player two.

1 Like

I just got that book for Christmas…and I still haven’t finished it yet because of, well, life. But I’m getting close.