Do you want other Elements to return in Gen 2?

In gen 2 do you want more elemental powers like electricity

5 Likes

Yep Iā€™d like to see some elements return, but not all of them.
The ones Iā€™d like to see are light, shadow, lightning and iron. Also Iā€™d like to see plantlife return, if it wasnā€™t merged with air.

4 Likes

light, gravity, lightning, and sonics

1 Like

Yeesss.

1 Like

I would hope so. I think if Bionicle does well in the 3 year plan TLG put for it, theyā€™ll continue and introduce more elemental powers (like with Ninjago introducing more elemental ninjas this year)

Yes. specifically gravity.

I imagine that more elements are not planned to appear in the current three-year story. If it is very successful, though, I could see them introducing more elements in the year(s) that would follow 2017 (the last year that has been confirmed).

1 Like

Light,Sonics,Psychic,Lighting,Iron, & Magnetism.

Iā€™m all up for it later on in the story. Next year might be too soon but year three would probably be best, kind of like how 03 introduced a new element, light.

If they do bring in more elements, I would prefer that they avoid more abstract or scientific elements like magnetism or gravity. These elements are not bad by any means but I would prefer elements that can clearly be seen in nature, such as lightning or metal.

I guess my reasoning is that I view elemental powers in a classic fantasy way. Anyone can clearly see lightning and water but someone from the middle ages would not know what magnetism, plasma or gravity was. (People knew things fell but they did not understand why or how until Isaac Newton came in. If I recall correctly, he was the one who coined the word ā€œGravityā€ but I could be wrong.) Again, I am not saying the more scientific elements are bad; I would just prefer other elemental powers to see.

TL;DR: New elemental powers returning sounds good. Would prefer to avoid more science-y elements.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly my opinion too. All the scientific elements just donā€™t fit into the more magic oriented Gen 2 story.

1 Like

Or maybe even discard the traditional ones for future sets and give us some real sonics,psychics, lightning, iron and magnetism toa sets. We never saw proper Toa sets for those elements, they were only mentioned. And yes, I do recall there were like two sets before, Im saying proper ones, with a whole Toa team not just one single lonely toa randomly as a combiner set.

Because any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve sort of jumped the gun and introduced Air, Psionics, Lightning, and Iron in my own storyā€¦

Given that G2ā€™s not trying to overdose on canon, and Iā€™m given the liberty, I can make my own.

To answer the question, not at the start. Maybe later in the line when we need different colors.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Some of the obscure G1 elements seemed a bit useless/limited (though they were a great way to spice up OCs). They may also be difficult for younger kids to grasp.

2 Likes

I would certainly like to see more. Bionicle needs to expand the available elemental powers with no individual mask abilities.

1 Like

We donā€™t know if G2ā€™s powers are advanced technology yet. If G2 is trying to go for a more magical feel, science-orientated elements might seem out of place.

3 Likes

You could literally say that exact same thing word for word if we were in 2001/2002.

2 Likes

Iā€™d at least like to see the Bohrok-Kalā€™s powers be used again in some form or another.

2 Likes

We have robotic humanoids. That pretty much thrown the magic bit out the window. Unless you will say they aint part robot to which I will stare at you like this įƒš(ą² _ą² įƒš)

2 Likes

It seems like Lewa has already switched from Air to Plantlife: Plantlife | The BIONICLE Wiki | Fandom

I agree with introducing new elements later.

[quote=ā€œColdGoldLazarus, post:18, topic:5422, full:trueā€]
Iā€™d at least like to see the Bohrok-Kalā€™s powers be used again in some form or another.
[/quote]I agree 300%.

1 Like