Dredan - Fallen Skrall

Like many Skrall, Dredan fled North-east into the Black Spike Mountains and beyond following the final defeat of Teridax. There he spent decades surviving on his own before becoming a bounty hunter. As one he has gained a reputation in the new frontier as a hunter skilled enough to kill even Rahkshi, as rare as they now are.

Despite being skilled with a myriad of weapons, Dredan rarely carries more than a multipurpose knife.

Shoulder armor can hinge up so he can do a lateral raise.

His design was largely inspired by one of Megatron’s designs in the IDW comics.

35 Likes

So, the actual build of this is quite impressive and intricate, but I’m not sure if I’m a huge fan of the appearance. I think the main issue is the chest, which seems ridiculously bulky, at least with that mask and neck. The upper legs seem really short and skinny compared to the lower legs, which are quite bulky, and then you go back to small with the feet. Another final, minor gripe is that the empty space at the elbow joint kinda sets the whole thing off - any sort of small tire piece would fill that gap nicely, I think. Alternatively, it’s possible that all that is intentional and based off of your inspiration.

Other than all that though, I like the backstory a lot. The shoulder design is pretty genius, at least to me, and the color blocking with the tan highlights works really well.

Overall a pretty neat build!

3 Likes

The MOC looks great… except for the chest. It’s very wide compared to the rest of the moc, and is wayyy to rectangular.

Thanks for the feedback. Most of what you had gripes with were intentional. I actually went through a lot of drafts of the chest to get the angles and size how I wanted them (and to better mach my inspiration).

1 Like

VERY NICE.

I can see that.

2 Likes

Thank you :]

2 Likes

I, for one, like the chest and the consistent texturing of the character. Gives the character a unique silhouette.

3 Likes

Very nice. I enjoy the colors and the use of those panels. I especially like the bulk around the chest and shins. Though I believe the MOC would benefit greatly from the arms and head being brought forward.

3 Likes

Thanks. You’re probably right about moving the arms forward. I’m going see how that looks when I get the chance.

@Chronicler Thank you. I started with the chest and tried to keep a consistent texture from there. It is mostly intentional that the black parts have more detailed textures compared to the dark tan parts.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST- Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

that one when Megs is a massive Stealth bomber with a rail gun?

1 Like

That’s the one

enjoy his huge honking nose then

1 Like

This is nice!

1 Like

Thank you!