Dumbest Things on TV

So I just remembered something…anyone here watch keeping up with the Kardashians?

Of course not, who in their right mind does?

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

The entirity of Animal Planet. Remember when it was actually about animals?

5 Likes

Adventure time, most kids shows (even for kids, they are dumb), Home–and-away, downton abbey (just general reality tv really).

2 Likes

We should mention all those shows about people in the nude in the jungle and stuff.

Like seriously. Who even wants to watch that?

I sure don’t.

4 Likes

Almost all of American Television.

7 Likes

Surely you aren’t talking smack about Arrested Development.

1 Like

Just, well, all American TV, plus half of all other TV. It’s depressing to think that since the invention of television, we no longer have multiple great stories written or filmed every year. We have a few, and most are reruns, adaptations, and remakes. Nothing original, except for a few rare cases of actually good storywriters.

Also, most anime advertised in America is dumb. I mean, who gets paid to make ads that barely escape being classed as– (searches for any polite description of the stupid stuff)… anyway, most female characters on the ads should be banned from public TV. And streaming services. They aren’t kid friendly at all.

I know that it’s really subjective what you would consider to be a dumb TV show, but i think that a lot of Gameshows are dumb, and way too exaggerated- i saw a a show once where someone brings out a cake, specifies that it is a cake, and the audience and contestants scream their heads off with amazement.

1 Like

Me: “And I took that personally.” :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic has already stated multiple times over the shows and content that I’d agree is dumb. My personal experience is I don’t have TV and haven’t grown up with it, so I’ve been spared the worst. But when on holiday I’ve watched TV. Seems pretty crack-up, all the loud, obnoxious infomercials for air-fryers or miracle vacuums. Plus shows such as Outback Opel Hunters/Gold Hunters are funny for the way they string along viewers with the promise of surely a big find this season!!!

2 Likes

I’m with you here. I used to be a big fan of The Curse of Oak Island, but for every piece of info they gather, it seems to take another million bucks to dig a new hole. Nowadays I figure anything I want to see will surely be a headline, and I can’t spare my precious time watching them dump millions of dollars into a treasure hunt when I’m burning wood in the fireplace because I can’t afford to heat my house any other way lol. Guess my priorities have changed

3 Likes

Everything you can watch on RTL.

1 Like

Oh yeah we watched that on a streaming service for a while and in the end we searched up, “what do they end up finding” and low and behold, nothing. Whilst there are some genuine anomalies about the island, they place a lot of importance on what boils down to hearsay stories.

Also can’t forget to reintroduce the team every five minutes!

It genuinely angers me as there are other mysteries and lost things out there with more tangible evidence to seek. I love aviation and there’s several missing planes where I live, all of those have some concrete evidence for their approximate location and there would be the unselfish benefit of giving closure to the families.

3 Likes

I bet Captain Kidd is laughing in hell at everyone for thinking there was his treasure there.

4 Likes

I’m all for that idea, too bad the average viewer is in front of the TV for escapism rather than realism

There’s definitely a fortune on the island but it’s relatively new and we call it “investment loss”

4 Likes