Dune Beast

A fierce desert creature that burrows through Bara Magna’s sands, using its sensitive spines to sense the vibrations of unwary travelers walking above. It’s an eyeless organism, so it uses its spines for navigation underground. Its powerful hind legs allow it to jump long distances, while its front legs are used mostly for burrowing through the dunes or attacking its prey!

I finished this moc a long while ago–in December, actually! I’m glad to finally have pictures of it online.

91 Likes

I love how much detail you put into this.

1 Like

Holy crap this is nearly flawless. It has such a nice aesthetic.

1 Like

So elegant at the back but monsterous at the front. I like it. It is consistent and looks good

1 Like

This might be the best Rahi MOC I’ve seen on the forums–nay, the internet. You, sir, are a master of the Bionicle.

1 Like

Anyone else think of Tremors when they first saw this?

Back on topic, this is an amazing MOC. The colors blend well and the shaping is fantastic.

4 Likes

i like it! it’s weird, but in a good way XD

1 Like

so is this like click+vorox+dune sandworm+nightmares?

2 Likes

heck ya, I sure did

anyway, good job dude this is amazing!

2 Likes

Indeed it is!

I was expecting a giant worm, but this is cool as well.

1 Like

Such brilliant armoring and colors!

1 Like

@Ace

Yeah, I originally was going to make a worm-like creature, but I didn’t have enough pieces! Alternatively, I took inspiration from mole crabs (in addition to fleas/grasshoppers) when making the moc, they’re very interesting creatures: http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/crustacea/Decapoda/DSCF0008a.jpg

I love the deatailing on this. Very unique creature.

1 Like

This is wildly creative. There are a lot of textures, but they’re organized effectively and don’t detract from the overall fearsome appearance. I’m particularly fond of how the head was executed; the lack of any eyes and implementation of the blade pieces make for a very cohesive and unsettling creation.

1 Like

Ooooh, I like this a lot. The armour layering you did especially at the back looks great, also it’s just a really cool concept in general that you pulled off really well

1 Like

This thing have a face?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

@Toa_Vladin

Nope, it just has a huge, all-consuming maw… : )

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

It’s a bit messy.