Duty Day!

have fun

3 Likes

That’s called what Gali Mistika should have been.

2 Likes

Is that black, or dark blue? If it’s black then there would be something to say about overused color schemes… as it stands, the Hero Factory hands in the new silver don’t look good on the old silver. More regular sockets in whatever the darker color is would work better. The Kaukau looks really out of place, in color terms. Instead of removing it, though, I’d like to see you add some more trans dark blue elsewhere on the body, if possible - add some trans dark blue studs on open pinholes, perhaps.

@Potay8o Your self-MOC eh? Pretty nice build overall, but he’s incredibly tall and skinny - a condition I call “Garrett Syndrome” after another MOCer who consistently has this problem in his MOCs. I think he’d benefit the most from being made a lot shorter, especially since his armor pieces (the inika thighs in particular) are designed to cover smaller spaces. Color scheme is pretty good, something could be said about more old gold in his build but that’s not a pretty commonplace color to have. The transparent red thing on his right arm and the exposed liftarm in his midsection stick out a lot, if you can, please remove them. That red periscope in the Hau is pretty seet. Wrist blades are okay, even though they don’t go well with the Vahki arms – just an idea, could you flip the blades so that they jut outwards instead of downwards? (if you understand what I mean)

Political Nuju looks okay, just the black armors on the sides of his torso jut out too much, I’d say remove those and bring the shoulders in more. Custom armoring on the torso might benefit him (especially if you were intending to give him blue nipples.) Aside from that, a little more white on the arms would be nice.

Risebell also seems a bit tall and skinny. Aside from that, his color scheme seems rather bland, and not well executed in general. Pieces covering his knees also seem like they would jut out a lot. That liftarm on the Rhotuka shield needs to be removed, badly.

Thank you for your review, and the darker color is Metru-Blue.
As for the rest of it, I’d say some BrickLink orders may be necessary.

my selfmoc is a wip, thank you for that feedback, but that dang liftarm…I am not sure what to do about it, and potao will be smaller one day (also I dont completely understand what you mean by the wristblades)
nuju was kind of a test, I dont use hero factory parts often in builds, might make him more custom one day (idea was he was in a suit but I couldnt find the rest of the parts I was look for)
risebells colourscheme originally was representing the fact that he is a shadow toa, but black and grey seems to overused for mocs, so I made him black and white, technic liftarm was a placeholder because of those stupid rhotuka spinners
I lost the piece to attach the rhotuka which is ironic considering that I have dozens of them
thanks for that feedback and I will certainly take everything and put it into use!

I figured you wouldn’t get what I meant about the wristblades, it really only works in my mind (or if I put it into LDD, which I might.)

Glad to see you’re working with CCBS, since the new BIONICLE sets use them a lot of people should know how to use them as well as BIONICLE parts.

Black and grey isn’t nearly as overused as black and silver. Black and white is a nice coloration, but the silver and gunmetal parts take away from that.

OK guys I’m ready to flag some spam!

…Where should I go?

BIONICLE 2015 thread has a lot of conversations that spiraled out control. If you’re so inclined to scan for spam on a 1000+ comment thread.

OK. Just for reference, is this considered spam? I want to know what the standard is.

The Hype Train comment would be considered spam, but the second comment is legit. (Subsequent comments consisting only of “King Vultraz” are spam though.

OK. I’ll be looking over there then :wink:

Did my duty today:

Of course, I wanted to gut myself alive while doing it, but that’s besides the point…

3 Likes

You realize your real name is showing, right? Just in case you don’t want it to be.

1 Like

I did my duty and CHANGED MY DUMB ICON!!! Lololol it’s my selfie moc

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out - I’ll have to edit it.

No problemo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Hawkflight Here’s mine! (I’m too lazy to move to my room and take a picture there so enjoy my dining room)

6 Likes

I’m sure it’s great, but… I can’t see it :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool! I like the eye piece, it’s original and nicely pulled off.

I’ll have to post my self MOC later after I get home.

1 Like

Had a test at school, done one part of my duty! XD
-Oonie

3 Likes