Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

I’m never been certain about putting my trust into anyone who’s subscribed to Game Grumps tho…

Yeah; every time I watch one of his reviews, I feel inspired to go and make a MOC and focus mainly on achieving such an aesthetic flow; there’s only one that I really feel like I’ve succeeded on that front with, and it’s unfortunately not on my topic yet.

4 Likes

@Eljay I’m sorry eljay, jang is better because…

1. professional lighting and camera
  2. More views and subs
  3. Hes a cool guy
    (You are the best reviewer anyway.)
3 Likes

I can’t shake the feeling that Nick is a bit too apologetic toward some sets but it might be just me personally disagreeing with him. :stuck_out_tongue: Either way, I like watching his reviews from time to time as he often makes some good points about certain design choices.

2 Likes

To me, the best toy reviewer on YouTube is TJOmega or Type V3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, they only do Lego videos every now and then…

And TJ doesn’t like Bionicle…

As for strictly building toys like Lego or MB, my favorite reviewer is Jang.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Jangbricks General Discussion

I find his newer MOC to be rather impressive.
Can Eljay say the same, does he make MOCs and then review them. Nope :T

I don’t see the need to waste my time.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I generally watch Eljay for Bionicle. and Jang for system. Seeing as I find Eljay’s style better for forming my own opinion.

(Also watching the old recaps is oddly nostalgic)

… Huh? What does this even mean? Because I feel that it’s a waste of my personal time to review my own creations, working for Lego is a waste of time all of a sudden?

4 Likes

I’ll always favor Jang over Eljay. No offence @Eljay, Jang just seems to be… well, I can’t think of the word but it means that he’s better than you IMO

He didn’t say Mocing was a waste of time, what he was saying is that it would be a waste of time for him to review his own Mocs. He was clearly responding to what tesla said [quote=“TeslaEffect, post:236, topic:384”]
Can Eljay say the same, does he make MOCs and then review them. Nope :T
[/quote] which really would be a waste of time for Eljay if he’s just reviewing his own Mocs.

3 Likes

I agree, personally.
Reviewing other mocs is fine, but reviewing your own creation seems pointless to me.

It can help to explain the build and design.

1 Like

A showcase, perhaps, but not a review.

I think most people view these as synonymous when making a video on their own MOCs.

1 Like