Eljay vs. Jang's Reviews

Huh. I must be seeing something in Jang that most of y’all don’t…

2 Likes

Well, it’s been a while since the last time I watched one of his videos, so whatever personality he has, it doesn’t seem to leave quite a mark, unlike the aforementioned wacky guy with a homemade miru

2 Likes

Now you see, the problem I have with Eljay is that he occasionally hesitates and still has a few “uhs” and vocal slip-ups. It’s not at all a problem per-se. However, it’s a pet peeve of mine that Jang has pretty ruthlessly removed from his vids.

This is a pet-peeve I have with myself. An unfortunate side-affect due to recording so late at night. It’s something I am continuing to hammer out in my recorded speech throughout the channel, so I hope to improve that.

However, Jang is in no way free from this either, and I know him to have this affliction as well. =P

7 Likes

I’m glad to hear it. I’ve certainly noticed a drastic improvement over the years.

Very true. Perhaps his turntable set-up distracts me just enough to not notice as much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry if I sounded harsh and condescending. That wasn’t at all my intention (I’m watching the Lesovikk review right now).

2 Likes

Heck no! Constructive critique and criticism is how people and projects grow. I love to hear the negative things people say about my reviews so that I can make them better and more enjoyable for more people. I feel that I’m going to achieve another step this next season, so it’s all a part of improvement.

Besides, no matter how well I think/hope I’m doing, Jang is already light-years ahead of me. That guy is impressive on so many levels.

8 Likes

Glad we’re on the same wavelength. :slight_smile:

Interesting to see that all three of us have similar opinions about merciless self-improvement. :smiley:

2 Likes

I personally find Eljay’s reviews to be a lot more enjoyable in that his style of reviewing is more persuasive, listing out flaws and upsides to sets one may be interested in buying. Jang, nowadays, doesn’t really convince me as to why I should purchase a set, since he basically just states what the set comes with and what it can do, whereas in his older reviews I found he was able to go more in-depth when looking at a set and the certain attributes that either hurt it or help it. The only redeeming quality of Jang’s videos nowadays is that they look somewhat more professional.

Another thing about Eljays reviews that I enjoy is that he has a lot more energy and feels excited to review a set, whereas Jang is sorta monotone.

2 Likes

My biggest problems with Eljay’s reviews has nothing to do with Eljay himself. It has everything to do with the BIONICLE community. Some of the “consensus” cons he lists make me wanna bash my head on my keyboard because of how absurdly nitpicky and entitled the fandom can come off as. Jang, on the other hand doesn’t do that. If there’s a problem he sees with the set, he goes ahead and says it, and doesn’t use the IMO cliche pro/con system (absolutely no offence intended to Eljay :slight_smile: ).

10 Likes

Cliche? Okay, I’m calling crap on that one. It’s not about what’s cliche, it’s about what’s relevant, and objective. Eljay is much more helpful when it comes to figuring out if a set is worth buying, IMO.

5 Likes

I have a hard time comparing them honestly, I personally enjoy Eljays more, however i do recognise that Jang does excellent quality reviews.

eljay doesn’t wisper half of the time

Jang whispers? When?

alot of the time. compare his intro voice vs when he’s talking about something random like possability of ccbs

I have had to buy 5 keyboards and a mouse already

1 Like

I don’t hear a difference…

Those darn BIONICLE fans…

What happened to the mouse? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I swiped it off the table in anger :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

RIP Dark’s mouse. May he ascend to a heaven filled with cheesy motherboards. :wink:

6 Likes

I like Eljay’s better because his reviews seem very unique and I could watch all of the 2007 reviews in a row without getting bored, while I can only watch about five of Jang’s before boredom occurs. Of course, Jang wins in terms of professionalism.

Also, Eljay’s voice varies when he speaks, whereas Jang’s stays the same, like @legomaster1378 said.

1 Like

I don’t remember saying that. I will say that Jang does have have fairly animated speach patterns. He’s anything but monotone.

1 Like

I didn’t mean that he’s a monotone, his voice just stays at the same cheerful-ish kind of tone & pitch.

1 Like