Eltarin and Vhisim

I’ve been playing a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition lately. The costume and armor designs from that game were big influences on these two Toa.

The only problem is that I can’t decide what they are Toas of. Anybody have any suggestions? On IG the best ones so far are ‘thunder and lightning’ and ‘ice and acid’.

The chest, hands, and feet on Vhisim are painted. I tried to match Lego’s original green, but I missed the mark by several shades. So instead he’s sort of a military green. It could have been worse I suppose.

The cloth capes are just pieces of fabric from the craft store.

Prisma

47 Likes

If you want to remain strictly canonical, I’d go with Lightning and Plant Life/Jungle/The Green. Eltarin’s color-scheme, especially with the yellow cape, screams Lightning to me, while Vhisim’s white, being the unique whitish-blue color from Thok, can reasonably pass as a variation on Plant Life’s standard blue-green color-scheme. If you want to go with non-canonical Elements, I think almost anything could work. It’d be interesting, perhaps, to assign Vhisim an Element based upon one of his colors, and then explain the others as armor upgrades or patches, since he’s got a lot going on.

As for the MOCs themselves, they are very nice, as always. The arm construction is quite ingenious, especially given its simplicity, and it makes these two very well-proportioned. I like the way the swords on their torsos function, but it does strike me as slightly odd-looking. They seem to be necessary for the head attachment, however, so I don’t think removing them is necessary, especially since they do look quite a bit better in more the dynamic poses.

Nice work, as always!

2 Likes

Great job with these!

I guess you should take off some armor so that you can add more colors.

1 Like

That Hordika chest is painted right? If not, I must have one.

1 Like

Hands, chest and feet are painted.

@Toa_Heatwave This is a great response. Much more detailed than the others I’ve received. I like the idea of yellow representing lightning. I should modify his weapon a little bit to reflect that power.

I don’t know about Vhisim being plantlife though. All of the colors would fit that, except the copper. But you’re not the only one who suggested it. On IG others have as well.

3 Likes

The color schemes are both unique and well pulled off!

1 Like

Love how well the gold matches the copper & the sand blue matches the metallic blue.

1 Like

Thes each have a semblance of their own personality even though they have the same build

2 Likes

Hey it’s @Eljay/s

1 Like

rad as hell dude

1 Like

They’re fantastic, they really nail the knightly look.

1 Like

Thanks! But there’s no gold. That mask is actually copper. No Idea why they randomly made a Miru in copper. I don’t think any other masks came in copper, did they? I should look that up.

Well, there was the copper mask of victory, but that was a huna or a komau… I don’t remember them doing that for a miru. Even then, the masks of victory were a much darker colour:

3 Likes

Agreed. Though they could have a bit better shaping

2 Likes

They have great aesthetic, but the proportions feel a bit off. I’m not sure if they should be thinner or if there a gaps that could be filled. They are nice models either way.

2 Likes