Empire of Insects (signups)

I wanted to branch out with styles hence going for such an alien looking character

The staff is even based of a necron lord

Actually in hindsight he has a lot based off of the 'crons

1 Like

Perhaps there was an older empire (an equivalent to Rome with our medieval setting) that collapsed due to infighting awhile ago, and the survivors being mostly the aristocracy and those already being abroad spreading to other cultures and civilizations, due to their connections with the powerful empire pre collapsed were able to comfortably integrate (just a thought judging from the far off origin characters)

3 Likes

so a worm with arms

sigh

Approved.

1 Like

Thank you

this would also explain why there isn’t a bunch of massive sea scorpions/other prehistoric bugs all over, as the fall would have drastically reduced their numbers,

Welp.

There was never an OOC PM to begin with, so this affects the game very little. But I figured now would be a good time to take a public census: Should we have a separate OOC and Discussion Topic, or just use this one?

4 Likes

this one is fine

@Toa_Vladin I would like to formally apologise for you being forced to attempt to decode that horrific accent

Uhm… I could understand it with no problems. I just tried to simulate in the rp the fact that normal people might not fully understand the accent add to that the fact that Capry is a little slow minded.

1 Like

That’s fine as long as you can understand it

@Ghid

Name: Old One Eye

Species: Saturniidae (Polyphemus Moth)

Capablities:

Hypnotism

The mesmeric Eye patterns that decorate the insides of One Eye’s wings enable him to distract and confuse his opponents. Some individuals exhibits strong feelings of dread when viewing these eyes, allegedly One Eye’s form seems to distort into a grotesque “Wall of Eyes”, this phenomenon notably occurs when individuals are alone. It would seem his ability to terrify is limited to solitary individuals, thus is ineffective against groups of people.

Silk Worm Slaves

One Eye possesses a group of small silkworms which he conceals within the folds of his wings and cavities around his abdomen. They are used as personal silk dispensaries to provide him with long strands of the surface. Whilst silk has many applications, One Eye primarily uses these silk strands to rappel down heights, lay tripwires, garrote and whip insects who attempt to hinder his plans. The silken strands are partially adhesive, which allows One Eye to attach them to most objects with minimal effort.

Flight

One Eye’s wings provide him with the ability to fly. However, after injuring his wings at an early age (and due to their subsequent inactivity during the recovery period atrophied) his ability to fly is greatly limited to flying short distances.

Contortion

The joints around One Eye’s arms and legs are incredibly, as well as easy to dislocate and reset with minimal discomfort. Consequently One Eyee uses this in tandem with his Silk strands as part of his own unorthodox fighting style. Additionally, he is also able to hide within cramped spaces or extend his reach beyond “natural” limits.

Appearance:

Bio:
Before the death of Emperor Hoshu One Eye was a silk trader from the country of Moths. Though he was never content with the revenue his small business generated, nor the competition he faced on a regular basis. He resolved to systematically “eliminate” the competition one by one and seize control their assets. However, the authorities were able to catch wind of his activities before long and subsequently chased him out. As an Outcast One Eye acquired a small supply of silkworms (which he had been able to buy from a trader caravan) which he proceeded to train and breed.

When he caught wind of Hoshu’s death One Eye was overjoyed; the decrease in imports from foreign lands (including the Moth’s) due to civil unrest had provided him with the opportunity to move his small operation into the capital. He currently resides in the seedier area of the great city, eager to make contact with the underworld to aid his burgeoning silk business.

One Eye is highly digressive and violent, though he suppresses this behaviour to avoid drawing attention or jeopardising any of his plans. He strongly believes that any individuals beneath him (in terms of power,status etc.) are expendable, and with ruthlessly cast them aside should it benefit him. As a result of being banished from his country he despises any and all Moths (including himself at times).

1 Like

I’m back! What did I miss?

On my end, just people chatting at the sand tavern.

1 Like

I’ve only made two or three posts in the actual RP so I have no idea what to do.

I made a character with the worst accent

1 Like

Sand tavern is a good place to initiate interactions, from what I’ve observed.

2 Likes

As per your Requests @Mctoran Scalthus and The Blood Queen (apologies for the delay).

The Blood Queen

Scalthus

4 Likes

Could you make mine too, please?

1 Like

Certainly!

Edit: Alright @Toa_Vladin here are Vachy and Capry

Vachy

Capry

Additionally, @Runa allow me to present Eleanor, Felicia, and Leo

Elanor and Felicia

Leo

I also drew a shrine to the Great Centipede (which would be worshipped my some millipedes as a “saviour” who would free them and consume their captors)

5 Likes

Oh my god they are awesome!
Capry is an actual capricorn?

I thought it was a millipede