Is it late? Yeah, it's late. Do I need to be up early for the podcast? Yes, I need to be up early for the podcast.
But I'm not exactly tired and I thought I'd write this.
So today, we at TTV finally renamed the channel. We created the channel in June of 2010. Five years ago! Well, today we gave it a newer, better, easily recognizable name.
The TTV Channel.
I thought that was really neat. After five years, we as a group have fully transitioned to something we only in our wildest dreams would've imagined. And we're still going to grow! I couldn't be more excited.
That in turn got me thinking. September 1st, 2005 was the day I officially became a part of the online Bionicle fan community. Obviously, September 1st pasted very recently, meaning that I've been a member of this community for a full 10 years. While I've been a part of TTV for longer than the Youtube channel has been around, it's interesting to think that the majority of my community involvement has been with the others in the podcast.
I never really did anything to commemorate being here for 10 years. I don't think I will either. Reflect on everything that's happened? Sure. Maybe I'll throw a few things here for the Wiki page.
- My first continuous experience with others was on an online chat in late 2007. It was there I met people I would continue to know for the next 7 years.
- I ran a sprite shop on BZPower for a number of years, soon becoming the most well known and most requested sprite maker for a variety of sprite kits, including one of Var's before I even met him.
- I also ran a comic series from 2007 to 2013. It wasn't the most popular, but it wasn't niche either. Through this I met Kahi, and we famously took part in a Comic Duel soon after we met. If we're sticking solely to our original parameters, I did in fact win this duel. But his comics were of higher quality. =P
- Eventually, I got invited to another online chat where I eventually met the others sometime around 2008/2009. I got off on the wrong foot with Meso near immediately, ended up arguing with Var quite often, and was somewhat annoyed toward Invictus and occasionally Venom. Most of these things were my fault.
- I joined in for the last two episodes of TTV's predecessor, iBZP. I ran them into the ground. For some reason after that, the others let me join TTV, and the rest is history.
I'm obviously leaving things out. But it's crazy to see how much has changed. All of that started over 10 years ago on BZPower, and now I'm here posting on a Message Board that Kahi and Var made. I don't know any of the people from that original online chat anymore (thank goodness) and I'm happy to know the people that I do now. I'm also incredibly happy to know all of you.
If someone told me this would happen when I picked up that Gahlok-Kal back in 2002/2003, I never would have believed them. But I'm glad I did. It brought me here, years later. There were a lot of people that I made angry, and even more that tried very hard to bring me down and drive me to no where. But despite all of that, here I am, and I'm so happy to be here.
Now go watch the Shia LaBouf video with a muted VNOG with Meso. I feel that it completes the atmosphere.
And thank you.