End and Beginning of an Era

Is it late? Yeah, it’s late. Do I need to be up early for the podcast? Yes, I need to be up early for the podcast.

But I’m not exactly tired and I thought I’d write this.

So today, we at TTV finally renamed the channel. We created the channel in June of 2010. Five years ago! Well, today we gave it a newer, better, easily recognizable name.

The TTV Channel.

I thought that was really neat. After five years, we as a group have fully transitioned to something we only in our wildest dreams would’ve imagined. And we’re still going to grow! I couldn’t be more excited.

That in turn got me thinking. September 1st, 2005 was the day I officially became a part of the online Bionicle fan community. Obviously, September 1st pasted very recently, meaning that I’ve been a member of this community for a full 10 years. While I’ve been a part of TTV for longer than the Youtube channel has been around, it’s interesting to think that the majority of my community involvement has been with the others in the podcast.

I never really did anything to commemorate being here for 10 years. I don’t think I will either. Reflect on everything that’s happened? Sure. Maybe I’ll throw a few things here for the Wiki page.

• My first continuous experience with others was on an online chat in late 2007. It was there I met people I would continue to know for the next 7 years.
  • I ran a sprite shop on BZPower for a number of years, soon becoming the most well known and most requested sprite maker for a variety of sprite kits, including one of Var’s before I even met him.
  • I also ran a comic series from 2007 to 2013. It wasn’t the most popular, but it wasn’t niche either. Through this I met Kahi, and we famously took part in a Comic Duel soon after we met. If we’re sticking solely to our original parameters, I did in fact win this duel. But his comics were of higher quality. =P
  • Eventually, I got invited to another online chat where I eventually met the others sometime around 2008/2009. I got off on the wrong foot with Meso near immediately, ended up arguing with Var quite often, and was somewhat annoyed toward Invictus and occasionally Venom. Most of these things were my fault.
  • I joined in for the last two episodes of TTV’s predecessor, iBZP. I ran them into the ground. For some reason after that, the others let me join TTV, and the rest is history.

I’m obviously leaving things out. But it’s crazy to see how much has changed. All of that started over 10 years ago on BZPower, and now I’m here posting on a Message Board that Kahi and Var made. I don’t know any of the people from that original online chat anymore (thank goodness) and I’m happy to know the people that I do now. I’m also incredibly happy to know all of you.

If someone told me this would happen when I picked up that Gahlok-Kal back in 2002/2003, I never would have believed them. But I’m glad I did. It brought me here, years later. There were a lot of people that I made angry, and even more that tried very hard to bring me down and drive me to no where. But despite all of that, here I am, and I’m so happy to be here.

Now go watch the Shia LaBouf video with a muted VNOG with Meso. I feel that it completes the atmosphere.

And thank you.

49 Likes

That’s awesome, normally I would say something cheezy about “da feelz” (maybe I wouldn’t) but that was actually rather touching, here’s to ten more…

…Now your thinking who is this mook saying crazy stuff, but you can’t tell me what to do, your not my mom…

2 Likes

That’s, that’s… wow.
nice.

3 Likes

Keep up the work, Eljay.

3 Likes

slow clap

I think we all wish we had a fandom story as good as that.

7 Likes

Granted we still have 9 years to live up to that

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

This is so great. Thanks!

“The The Three Virtues Channel”
Did anybody teach you guys grammar. /jk

I’ve only know about you guys for a year, but your honestly the best. Lets hope The TTV Channel rules over the fandom for an indefinite amount of time.

8 Likes

It’s always good to remember where we came from, and what has brought us to where we are now.

2 Likes

The “The Three Virtues” Channel I guess that is how it’s meant.

2 Likes

They don’t refer to themselves as The Three Virtues anymore, just TTV.

Very nice, Eljay, this is very nice to know, and touching.
But now I’m wondering what this podcast/community would be without you.
But we all know, if Eljay were not here, this community wouldn’t be the way it is, as Eljay is such a popular person of the group.
So, lets hope that the fandom here survives for longer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t follow. You mean we’ve only been in the fandom for one year?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been here for about three.

1 Like

#TrueFacts

Well said, Eljay. This is quite the topsy-turvy ride we’ve all been on. Cool to see it still going because I absolutely love this community and interacting with you guys.

Long live The The Three Virtues Channel!

-Mesonak

10 Likes

:smiley:

I know the feels. I never would have thought I’d meet so many amazing people here, and I haven’t even been around for a year!

4 Likes

There really is nothing quite like the Bionicle fan community.

1 Like

Wow

Eljay your words are dumb, as the Miru you have. /JK

But seriously, that was incredible and i hope this community will always keep walking foward, and we’re all proud to be part of it.

Congrats, Eljay. and I just hope you can stay in this place until the end of time.

1 Like

Yayz n’ such, good write, good read. Here’s hopes for another decade of consistent, amazing content. :smile:

1 Like