Escape from the Underworld iBooks Preview

[quote=“21sselliW, post:19, topic:24874, full:true”]Wait a second. I just re-watched the Legend. The MoCr is clearly shown in a forest after the big Boom.

~W12~
[/quote]

I think we’ve mostly decided that the forest depiction wasn’t canon. Ekimu’s speech clearly indicates that the mask was somewhere in the city.

1 Like

I think Kulta may have been a familiar of Makuta’s.

2 Likes

So, the Legend isn’t completely canon, but the animations are?

Actually, there were some changes after The Legend, like Makuta not turning black and red. Thoug that’s the same colorist who doesn’t turn the Toa’s masks gold…

Decided to give you the benefit of the doubt, re-watched this scene:

“He took it just before you arrived. The Mask of Creation. My mask!”

And while we do see the pedestal and the arch, we don’t see the bridge. We see an arch, sure, but those arches could be anywhere, as we see in the first Graphic Novel. That scene was meant to show that Kulta was under Makuta’s control, as it scrolled from Kulta to the MoCo in the stars.

Eh. We’ve both made good points. Whatever the case may be, whether or not the MoCr was meant to be on the bridge or not, they clearly retconned that. And I’m glad they did, because I never liked that detail.

~W12~

1 Like

So, uhh, this excerpt is awesome…

Totally love the runes being used to weaken Kulta. That, along with the confirmation of the runes on the Legendary Masks being their power source, makes me think that they’re some sort of ancient, Mask Maker magic…perhaps what was used to make masks prior to elemental crystals?

The use of Skull Grinder’s real name is awesome, and the designation of it as his original name perfectly explains away its lack of use in 2015. I wonder what ancient Kulta was like–was he always skeletal, or was he more like the Okotans? Was he a general of some sort? Did he live on Okoto, or come from a different place? Hopefully the rest of the book explains this in more depth.

Ekimu’s like was awesome–a little more sinister and angry-sounding than his dialogue with the Protectors in RotSS.

6 Likes

What! Sinister and angry! Ermasesh, Ekimoo is evil cunfurmed!!!

~W12~

1 Like

“The Runes are symbols which have power inherent in them. They serve as are the building blocks of Glorantha. They are symbols, archetypes, embodiments, and actual matter or energy of the mundane world…”

Whoops, wrong place! :confounded:

I do like runic magic though, my mind is slowly filling with magical theories! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Maybe at the time, before the battle, Kulta was just Makuta’s helper. He was probably killed (or he died) after the cataclysm and then brought back to life, explaining the skeleton motif too.

1 Like

That guy is technically the garden keeper soooo…

KULTA THE SKULL MOWER CUMVIRMT!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:.

9 Likes

I found this ad on lego.com! Wow! :stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes

I don’t think he is. Ekimu sent that guy home, remember?

You jest, but u might be onto something, actually. I mean, he is serving Makuta. This could be Kulta of 1000 yeas ago…?

~W2~

2 Likes

If Kulta can live thousands of years, he has to be something other than an Okotan, unless he was somehow given immortality. We do know Okotans die after a period of time, which is why they have to have children, but it seems Kulta has out-lived them all.

So what is Kulta? Are “skeletons” a different species?

3 Likes

Is no one gonna point out that the Toa actually are immortal?

~W12~

5 Likes

This is great. I really love Kulta’s personality and the exposition we have been given.

4 Likes

Mother of God YESSSS!!! This is what I wanted ever since the Skull sets released! Now I wonder if Slicer will show up in the book since he was never confirmed dead. In the animations he “died” in pretty much the same way LoSS “died” but LoSS was still alive in Revenge of the Skull Spiders so we’ll see how it goes. Anyway, super excited!!

2 Likes

He was explained to be left to the readers imagination, if you want to make a short story about what happens to him next, go for it, if you want him to be dead, then by all means, let that be your head canon.

(But yes, please let us have more Slicer, he was my favorite skull baddie.)

3 Likes

Yeah, I was really glad that Mann explained in his interview that Slicer had ended up underneath a different portion of the Arena, since that’s exactly what I assumed had happened. Maybe he’ll help Kulta and Basher break out.

1 Like

Yeah, Hopefully they will expand on his personality and reason for existing…

WAIT…

Escape from the underworld…

Slicer ended up underground…

3 Likes