'Evil' Lord Xa

Rather bizarre. Quite interesting.

1 Like

How well can the arms pose?

Not at all. They’re actually supposed to stick out flat if it weren’t for the weight of the motors.

Initially I aimed for them to be articulated, but the weight of the motors made that impossible.

Ah. It just looks a little odd with them sticking out, but that’s just a minor gripe.

Any chance of adding more lights to the main body. Its nice having the eyes and arms light-up, but when in silhouette it would look even better if it could light-up the body, or maybe just the back wings which would give an impressive angel-like look to the MOC.

Though yeah, its a nice use of power functions and lighting, still need to experiment with trying some of those on my own MOC’s. I really like the design, especially the flower-like opening on the back.

Though i have heard that motors and lights get hot from time to time, unsure if this is the case with the Lego power functions, but if it is may want to becareful with covering it in cloth.

1 Like

Has cloth, a cylinder shape torso, evil
https://cdn.instructables.com/FTN/WJ6Q/HIZD49VK/FTNWJ6QHIZD49VK.MEDIUM.jpg

sorry, but the resemblance of Zurg is much for me.

The torso could’ve look better, but the weapon and back looks menacing enough I guess-

2 Likes

@Scarilian The problem with that is that for every four LEDs I need to attach a 4x2 sized Lifelites hub to the build. I can see adding one to each motor arm, I’ll probably be able to find another spot for a third hub, but these hubs are a little bit expensive. I’ll see what I can do about it in the future. It’s a cool idea nevertheless.

The getting hot part shouldn’t be a problem as I rarely turn the lights or the motors on. Thanks for the heads-up though.

@Square TBH I’ve seen the resemblance once I covered it in cloth as well. I might have just called Xa evil just because it looks so much like Zurg.

Seeing the MOC in full light would be helpful…

Good thing I uploaded pictures showing it in full light as well then, eh?

Weeell… Those last two pictures are still pretty dark. I would recommend getting a lamp or two, shining it on him, then taking pictures.

1 Like

Don’t think it’ll be more luminescent than the camera’s flash mode.

It’s still difficult to make out the details in the last few images. Try using a lamp or window for brighter photos.

Not referring to those.

have you tried clicking the “extra shots” button?

The extra shots do reveal more of the MOC; however, I would once again advise that you use lamps and/or daylight for lighting in the future. Flash in general just looks… bad.

I’ll be honest; I’m not seeing how that could be, but I’ll try it out in the future.

1 Like

this was the exact idea I had

Anyway, really creative build and look! You also said 9 krana wielding sentient beings and this one is based off of xa, and there are only 8 different krana…

WHAT!?

Not so sure whether I should reply as the previous post was technically a gravepost (that’s not allowed right?), but the idea I had was to build something covered in krana’s for the ninth entry.

If I ever get to it, because I have a nasty tendency to abandon these sort of series of builds.

For the ninth one I pretty much build the head and not much else thus far. Link

Necroposting is the term I’ve heard more often, and that’s allowed here.

Not sure what that is. Can you help me?

Necroposting is when you post on a ‘dead’ topic, or one that hasn’t been posted on in a very long time. On some sites necroposting is as bad as double posting, but here it’s encouraged to a degree; I remember seeing that the powers that be like it when people pull up old topics rather than starting a new topic about the same thing.